Coming to terms with mental health issues

I’m losing a lot of friends in this thread

3 Likes

Oh not you as well! Are you a pineapple on pizza loving weirdo too?

1 Like

I like it but I rarely get it, the main reason I don’t get it much at all these days is the mrs is allergic to pineapple so we can’t mix and match if I do.

2 Likes

@Josh The thread has derailed but feel free to post.
Or comment about pineapples.

1 Like
2 Likes

Pineapples suck. I’m good now

This is ludicrous. I’m making a thread

1 Like

You’d have to be addicted to spice to think putting pineapple on a pizza is a good idea. Fucking crackheads.

2 Likes

You got it man! :rofl:

I grew up with a grandma who would put chilli sauce on everything and anything, from baked beans, to scrambled eggs, to pasta etc. Can’t help it hahah!

1 Like

I put hot sauce on my hard boiled eggs haha

A hard boiled and some Franks Red Hot :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

I don’t think we’re talking about the same spice here :wenger:

5 Likes

Businessman who was on TOWIE years ago.

Sad. :disappointed: RIP

1 Like

guessing he took his own life due to mental health after this tweet?

Apparently Jordan Ibe posted an Instagram story of him crying with the caption “what a life” last week, and he’s just posted this message

No one should apologise for struggling with mental health

6 Likes

hope he manages to get his mental health under control, sad to read

So, I wanted to write a post about what I’ve been going through lately. I don’t want sympathy, I just think it’s important to discuss mental health issues.

I’ve been struggling big time over this last year. So much so, that at one point I tried to overdose. I split from my husband, lockdown happened, everything just got on top of me and I spiralled. I’ve had panic attacks, I’ve had days where I don’t get out of bed and I’ve had days where I will just drink until 4 in the morning. I do have good days too and hopefully with lockdown easing, I’ll get more and more of those.

People talk about the deaths from COVID, but there are many more people who have fallen through the cracks because of the restrictions. I’ve been called selfish for venting out against the restrictions, but in that case, aren’t we all selfish for wanting to be healthy?

I get that it’s been tough for a lot of people in various ways, and many of those people will be suffering silently. So I just want to reiterate that it’s important to be kind. You never know how someone may be feeling inside, and the smallest action or throwaway comment can make a big difference to someone’s wellbeing. I’ve certainly taken things to heart a lot more recently that I normally would.

So check up on your friends/family members. I’m lucky that I have people looking out for me, though I have been guilty of keeping things bottled up and not revealing the extent of my feelings. But it’s still nice when someone reaches out. And I myself am making a more conscious effort to check in on people.

Hope you’re all doing well. But if not, anyone is welcome to message me if they’re struggling and want someone/a stranger to talk/vent to x

36 Likes

You’re one of my favourite peoples on here and a great poster. I can completely understand where you’re coming from and think people need to open their minds a bit more to peoples struggles resulting directly from the pandemic and the lockdowns.

You know that pretty much everyone here would lend you an ear if you ever needed it and I have no doubt you’d do the same for anyone here.

Hopefully things ease on the restriction front soon and people can get some semblance of normality back in their lives.

10 Likes

We all here for you bro, this lock down has been incredibly draining and seemingly never ending. I share your opinions on the restrictions, I’ve been at point for a while now where I personally just don’t care anymore (Sorry to be insensitive to those who are vulnerable). Hope you feeling better, hopefully not long left now when we can all be let out of our cages and get back to having a semblance of normal life. If you got the time give Frankls book “man’s search for meaning” a read, it’s really short read and a good book for when things look there bleakest.

We should all defo make sure to check up on everyone especially those who are on their own or going through harder times.

Im positive we all going to make it, we’re all Arsenal fans and suffering has become second nature to us after all. :muscle:t4::facepunch:t4:

11 Likes

Stay strong @Phoebica, good on you for opening up somewhat on here, it can only help talking about it. I really hope things become easier and easier, glad to hear you have a good support network.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing Pheebs. Support is here if you or anyone else ever needs it.

3 Likes