Coming to terms with mental health issues

I don’t think we’re talking about the same spice here :wenger:

5 Likes

Businessman who was on TOWIE years ago.

Sad. :disappointed: RIP

1 Like

guessing he took his own life due to mental health after this tweet?

Apparently Jordan Ibe posted an Instagram story of him crying with the caption “what a life” last week, and he’s just posted this message

No one should apologise for struggling with mental health

6 Likes

hope he manages to get his mental health under control, sad to read

So, I wanted to write a post about what I’ve been going through lately. I don’t want sympathy, I just think it’s important to discuss mental health issues.

I’ve been struggling big time over this last year. So much so, that at one point I tried to overdose. I split from my husband, lockdown happened, everything just got on top of me and I spiralled. I’ve had panic attacks, I’ve had days where I don’t get out of bed and I’ve had days where I will just drink until 4 in the morning. I do have good days too and hopefully with lockdown easing, I’ll get more and more of those.

People talk about the deaths from COVID, but there are many more people who have fallen through the cracks because of the restrictions. I’ve been called selfish for venting out against the restrictions, but in that case, aren’t we all selfish for wanting to be healthy?

I get that it’s been tough for a lot of people in various ways, and many of those people will be suffering silently. So I just want to reiterate that it’s important to be kind. You never know how someone may be feeling inside, and the smallest action or throwaway comment can make a big difference to someone’s wellbeing. I’ve certainly taken things to heart a lot more recently that I normally would.

So check up on your friends/family members. I’m lucky that I have people looking out for me, though I have been guilty of keeping things bottled up and not revealing the extent of my feelings. But it’s still nice when someone reaches out. And I myself am making a more conscious effort to check in on people.

Hope you’re all doing well. But if not, anyone is welcome to message me if they’re struggling and want someone/a stranger to talk/vent to x

36 Likes

You’re one of my favourite peoples on here and a great poster. I can completely understand where you’re coming from and think people need to open their minds a bit more to peoples struggles resulting directly from the pandemic and the lockdowns.

You know that pretty much everyone here would lend you an ear if you ever needed it and I have no doubt you’d do the same for anyone here.

Hopefully things ease on the restriction front soon and people can get some semblance of normality back in their lives.

10 Likes

We all here for you bro, this lock down has been incredibly draining and seemingly never ending. I share your opinions on the restrictions, I’ve been at point for a while now where I personally just don’t care anymore (Sorry to be insensitive to those who are vulnerable). Hope you feeling better, hopefully not long left now when we can all be let out of our cages and get back to having a semblance of normal life. If you got the time give Frankls book “man’s search for meaning” a read, it’s really short read and a good book for when things look there bleakest.

We should all defo make sure to check up on everyone especially those who are on their own or going through harder times.

Im positive we all going to make it, we’re all Arsenal fans and suffering has become second nature to us after all. :muscle:t4::facepunch:t4:

11 Likes

Stay strong @Phoebica, good on you for opening up somewhat on here, it can only help talking about it. I really hope things become easier and easier, glad to hear you have a good support network.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing Pheebs. Support is here if you or anyone else ever needs it.

3 Likes

Do you think you want to patch this up at all? Is there any coming back for the both of you?

I drink at 4am too when I can’t get back to sleep at 4am

I also lost my missus and kids too

10 Likes

No. I’m not even that sad about it to be honest. He wasn’t a nice person in the end. But the whole situation just piled stress on.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you’re coping OK.

6 Likes

Respect to you for being open about the issues you’ve had to face.

This lockdown has a lot to answer for and I know of two people in particular that are in a similar situation as you. They’ve spent more time with the person they’re married to over lock down and realised what an abusive, controlling and all round not very nice person they are to be around. Awful stuff.

Sounds like you’ve had a really hard time but also even though it may not feel like it you’ve taken a step in the right direction and decided that this person isn’t right for you, that’s huge, especially when marriage is involved things become more complex. Too many people after a long time of trying, just give up and stay in a situation that makes them worse, you’ve not done that and you’ve decided that that situation isn’t acceptable for you, well done because that takes balls.
I know it’s so cliche but life is too short, too short to spend it with people you don’t really like that much and too short to accept what is the situation now needs to be the situation for the rest of your life.

What I love about this place and I’ve noticed in the 13+ years I’ve been about here is that even though we can all be arseholes in our own way, we can all come together and support our own when it’s needed.

16 Likes

Yep, I can attest to that, everyone has been incredible any time I’ve had major issues in my life, this is an amazing place to escape to and completely judgment free.

13 Likes

I can imagine. Have you still not got back into running? I think running or even just walks are the best thing for coping with panic attacks and stress generally. It’s like a vent that can relieve the stress build up. Sometimes simply getting fresh air helps when you’re down.

If you ever feel desperate please message myself or someone on here you’re comfortable with if you’re feeling desperate

I’ve done the odd run, but haven’t had enough motivation to get back into it properly. I want to, though. But I do try and go for walks often, hopefully the warmer weather will help.

2 Likes

That’s good. Targets for your short term and long term really help. As do finding hobbies you enjoy alone or with friends

1 Like

Yeah, I mean that and we also do love some juicy gossip, but real talk y’all OA ppl are freaks :grin::grin::heart::heart: (I say that not having revealed the recent drama in my life which out freaks all of you lmaoo so I say it with love :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:). We all have our skeletons in the closet so coming out to talk about it sometimes is like therapy and definitely helpful many times.

6 Likes

To whomsoever it suits their life plans

“Get a pet”

Yeah echoing what everyone has said, although we have our disagreements on here, everyone is here for anyone. If anyone feels the need to talk to vent, I’m a good listener. At least I’ve been told

2 Likes