The State of The Arsenal

There was a period last season where the odds of us finishing bottom half were around the same as us getting a top six place.

1 Like

Those men that played for us back then would eat the boys we have today for breakfast and spit out the bones by lunch.

The passion comes from being winners, from absolutely hating losing a game, especially to your rivals. We don’t have players like that. Watch them in training after a big loss, all smiles, all joking with each other, enjoying themselves.

And fair play to RvN. He could have rolled around the floor and got a few more players sent off when Keown and Lauren, what would be described today as “assaulted” him at the final whistle. On the other hand, had he done that, he would have not survived another game against us and he would have known that.

1 Like

Bollocks to that. It was his exaggerated reaction to Vieira lashing out that helped start all the issues.

Plus he studded Cole in the knee in that game and somehow escaped a blatant red card, I guess cos it was at Fergie’s Old Trafford.

So absolutely not fair play to that horse faced cunt.

11 Likes

This killed me

17 Likes

It’s true but some supporters still think he’s the right man for the job.

1 Like

Stop the rot. That’s all we can honestly hope for this year in regards to making progress. The club can’t allow us to slip even further in the league.

The sort of season Leicester had last year or thereabouts would be the ideal season for us this year. That is a step up from where we have been whether people are prepared to face that or not.

2 Likes

I’d expect something like 5th at any similar club. Manager settled into the job after 18 months and has a squad he seems to somewhat want.

Clubs have peaks and dips. A dip like two seasons of 8th should absolutely be followed by a peak like a strong 5th at any club in a position like ours. If Arteta can’t do it now when can he?

Our standards are obviously lower now so what makes a “good” season has decreased, but we should be having a good league season after so many non-good seasons. It’s as black and white as that for me.

5 Likes

I don’t think that was exaggerated. Vieira did kick in his direction and its a natural human tendency to dodge it.
The issue was the angle at which ref viewed it and thought the kick connected.

Stop twerking for van Nistlerooy

13 Likes

Fans like Trion are recent fans so they’ll never understand how much we hated horse face back in the days and the endless playground talk about who was better between him and Henry (like it was ever close).

5 Likes

I understand but now that that phase has passed, can you guys grow up?

You don’t have to be an imbecile forever

I don’t even know what this is in reference to if I’m honest mate. Are you saying I should grow up and not have disdain towards RVN?

1 Like

He wasn’t even that popular with his team mates so we had every right to ridicule him.

1 Like

I am saying it’s almost a decade since every players in that match has retired.
Its time for both set of fans to set aside the bias and look at thing without that rivalry clouding the assessment.

There are thing they did wrong and there are things we did wrong.

I’ll set aside bias.

Henry shat all over RVN

4 Likes

Yes, I agree, now is the time to put aside old grudges, look at things objectively and generally try behave with a bit more maturity when we have such discussions.

3 Likes

Mourinho is still very much in the game and is still a cunt.

Never in doubt

2 Likes

Jake with a deep cut there.

The bit about the thickness of the vein did crack me up.

1 Like

RvN was a cunt of the highest order as were most of his United team mates, no question about that. But imagine another cunt like Diego Costa in his place. He would have gone down like he was shot and knifed at the same time, when Keown and Lauren pushed him around and would have ensured both of them or at least one of them was sent off. And I would expect most of the modern players to go down as well.

That was my only point.

1 Like