The State of The Arsenal

I think the reality is that the Kroenkes aren’t the root cause but they are the only ones that can fix it and they aren’t doing anything. I hate lolpool but look at their ownership group the Fenway ppl and LeBron James, dayum they didn’t fuck around did they? Wish we had a no nonsense owner like that. Had a real vision, hired someone with the same vision, and saw out their plan.

3 Likes

The Kroenkes are almost certainly not the cause of this. They’ve spent money on players (albeit at the direction of bad executives) and spent money on coaches (even though they look like they’re going 0 for 2 right now). The issue is that up until Tim Lewis was in place there was nobody reporting back to them, or at least, we think Tim Lewis’ role is to report back. It might just be on the financial side but you’d hope that he would be familiar enough with the sport to know that the finances are going right into the shitter if they don’t hire an actual DoF to implement a top-down vision of recruitment. If we’re going to go young, let’s go young, let’s blow it up, pick a style and go from there. I thought that’s what we were doing with Arteta but instead we made the club older! There are still rumors about him wanting another CB in January!

It reminds me a lot of how things looked at the end of the Unai reign. The players are either en mass not executing his game plan or we just spent an evening chucking crosses into the box against Wolves for no fucking reason. Either answer is bad.

7 Likes

To be fair. It’s not just the manager. The players are to blame as well. There must be some level of footballing intelligence that goes beyond the instructions of the coach.

Some level of pride to want to win and succeed.

But these bastards feel zero pride winning for themselves nor for the club. They are content with their salary and don’t give a rat’s ass it seems where they will finish this season.

And that spoilt culture has been fostered by late Wenger and the board. And we are still suffering from it to this point.

2 Likes

So we’ve fucked up our chance to gain points against weaker competition. Just look at our next five games!

S*urs (A)
Burnley (H)
S’hampton (H)
Everton (A)
Chelsea (A)

Burnley seems to be the most drawable, not winnable because a win for this team would be an anomaly.

If we get 1 point out of 15 in the next five then most on here will have their wish of seeing Arteta sacked.

At that point we’ll also be in the bottom 4.

Think your prediction has a good chance of coming true unfortunately

I’m not knit-picking here I know, but if that happens I think we’ll only be bottom 5.

I’d say they’re about our equal based on last year and yesterday, hardly weaker.

1 Like

Inexperienced manager

Inexperienced dof

Absent yank owner that sees the club as just another cash cow among the many he already has

Kia Joorabcian

Senior players in the squad made up of those that had their best days elsewhere

Granit xhaka

£350k a week not even in the squad

Majority of expensive signings all flopped

Other than that… everything cushty :grin:

9 Likes

Cunt players led by a cunt manager, showing up and committing a cuntfest.

Sorry, just raging during the North London derby.

2 Likes

We idly stood back 15 years ago while Chelsea took over the trophy haul in London.

There was no visible “hurt” from the club while they were doing that.

While Spurs might not win anything, we’re so feeble against them on the pitch and it doesn’t “hurt” that they finish league positions above us.

The state of the Arsenal? I’ll tell you the state of the Arsenal, it’s fuckin shit!

13 Likes

I mean as of now where fucking minus four goals after 10 and a half games. Where fucking irrelevant and finished without change here. We need a minor revolution here inside this club.

13 Likes

I don’t know about you Strolls but this is the worse Arsenal I’ve witnessed. Even in the dire years we showed more intent and harder to beat .

3 Likes

I think 94/95 was very similar to this.

Went to WHL at Easter time, I think. We were expected to lose, did lose and it felt shit.

Scorer of the goal did nothing of note afterwards too. Popescu

Arsenal. The fuckin King Makers

3 Likes

Since when do u care about goal differential? Arsene had a plus 23 his last season here even with the players downing tools :joy::joy:

Shut up about Wenger I don’t know what’s worse Arsenal or having to read your shite every single day

1 Like

It’s a marker on the overall situation. Not defining. Don’t be a prick.

Lmaooo honestly if it wasn’t for ur pain and the pain of Arsenal fanatics like you, it would really suck to watch Arsenal struggle right now. But you honestly deserve this :joy::joy:

Exactly and finishing with a plus 23 shows you beat a lot more teams than u lost to, and you scored goals and played decent football. If we had a manager who had us performing at that level now he’d be lauded.

1 Like

Too many times we have been embarrassed losing big under Wenger.

No thanks.

Being lauded with glaring failings got us here. Shit appointments and poor values left behind by Weng have compounded our mess.

3 Likes