The randomly nothing thread

Damn, hopefully he will get calmer when he come back. Annoucment u say :arteta: do you have a link to that ?

Check the announcements section.

https://www.onlinearsenal.com/c/announcements

Itā€™s a shame because heā€™s pretty well-behaved on redcafe. Where I go for my daily Luca fix.

3 Likes

Honestly itā€™s probably because he knows if he acts up heā€™ll be banned there and nobody gives a shit about him. Here he can get away with murder as itā€™s a pretty lenient place. As a father Iā€™m very familiar with the phrase give an inch and theyā€™ll take a mile :grin::grin:

5 Likes

Yeah, I hope this month ban has taught him the lesson, and the match day thread ban is probably for the best for him actually.

He can react in real time over there, knowing to control himself and he can let go of inhibitions to an extent here after the game when thereā€™s time to cool off. Well, hopefully.

1 Like

It seems that the answer is staring you in the face

Luca gets to emotional during games thatā€™s why matchday threads are a nightmare for him.

1 Like

Which is fine for a cup final or was even okay during Wenger era when dropping points frustrated people; but itā€™s a sign of unhealthy obsession if the outburst is during a good spell of form where we are 15-16 games unbeaten.

Luca needs to control his emotions & be rational.

2 Likes

Typical Italian

2 Likes

He is out there watching on, cursing your nameā€¦then he will come back and curse your name to your faceā€¦then get banned again :santi:

Paul Merson tweets in third person

1 Like

Wenger isnā€™t, but the logic is. It really is the same. And I repeat: itā€™s a bad one, easy to think of counter-examples for why it is faulty.

Places like this are preciselyā€“or in fact the onlyā€“places where that kind of communication is useful. In real life I will never be this direct or honest with you or anyone, unless I have an extreme admiration and respect for you.

A forum is a place where an idealised sort of polemical discussion can take place: a place where I am purposefully 100% honest (or 100% trolling, or 100% bad punning, or, in short, just an extreme, unadulterated, polemicised version of my expression) because a) the pertinent reasons to engage in non-confrontative and persuasive/goal-oriented dialogue donā€™t apply (unless you are a knob that gets some kind of affirmation from being popular on a forum or from being agreed with on a forum, which, to be fair, describes a great majority) b) I am more interested in pursuing an interesting and truly insightful conversationā€“letā€™s call it the Best Possible Discussionā€“at the risk of the Worst Possible Discussion, because the Worst Possible Discussion simply doesnā€™t come with the baggage/consequences it does in real life/all other type of interaction. So, instead of, as in real life, where cost and benefit must always be weighed, forcing us very often into compromise, I can simply go always for the ideal: the BPD, and not worry about the consequences (for example: offending the 90-95% for whom the BPD is not really intelligible, or interesting, or satisfying).

Further, having some spent some months recently in the U.S., and having revisited one of my favourite works of anything (The Rebellion of the Masses by Ortega y Gasset) recently, which I think is actually far more applicable now than when it was written, I declare myself in open rebellion of the anglo-saxon (coming primarily from the anglo-saxons that is, who are the firstĆ­simo world after all and naturally the ones who anything will come from-- but slowly affecting all, sadly) dilution of culture and expression and probing, incisive, thought-provoking dialogue, whichā€“this being the only place where I engage online, where the above circumstances applyā€“rebellion I am ever conscience of when I post here. :sunglasses::cowboy_hat_face:

Good luck to you, my friend.

This has been me for the last 10 days :disappointed:

1 Like

why was the Emery thread got locked???

Because of the boring as fuck posts

damn, I replied seriouslyā€¦

Because we lost a game for the first time since August.

17 Likes

Because we didnt appoint a bloke putting the cones out at the etihad.

5 Likes

Legend. :clap::+1:

3 Likes