Random football stuff

moura

Pretty basic A-Level take.

3 Likes

Now that was a fun watch.

1 Like

Did anyone here know that Chris Kamara had Apraxia?

Same as what Bruce Willis has. Poor bloke, I had no idea.

:thinking: Absolutely hate the concept, but it has valid new revenue generating potential

Rubs me the wrong way though, we can " fund the pyramid" very easily as it . Maybe some of those transfer megabucks Chelsea spent this summer could hep?

All star north vs south sounds horrendous haha

Never mind the concept itself but where would even fit the gane in? Also doubt it has anywhere near the money making it does in the NFL tbh

The last thing the PL needs is more money making ventures anyway. The top division is swimming in money

1 Like

Fucking American bullshit

Keep that fake embarrassing shit in soccerville

5 Likes

Basically no one would care about that game. Not a hope it would raise 2m never mind 200.

I dunno, I can see overseas TV markets eating it up

If such a game was held in the US and marketed right it would sell out. They turn out for meaningless preseason games so who knows

1 Like

Yeah TV markets in places like Africa and Asia will lap it up.

All star games, pro bowls…nobody even cares in America. How the f they making 200 mili

Yep, I hate Boehly so much but I think some kind of All-Star concept would be huge for a lot of overseas markets.

If you could get Messi v Ronaldo maybe it grabs some attention but Nunez v Kane? Nah, no one is giving a shit about that.

There would be all sorts of problems too with players being released, wanting their cut if they did play and even finding a suitable date in a World Cup or Euros or Copa year.

None of the players give a shit about an all-star game in the NBA and I suspect it’d be much the same if it came to the UK. It’s a no from me.

The only way I think they’d be some feasibility to it is if it occurs during a pre-season tour.

2 Likes

I imagine MLB is easier to do.

Football requires intensity that baseball doesn’t. You need to be up for it, match fit, connected with your team mates, have a coach, a gameplan and try your best to not get hurt.

I imagine it would be a terrible game of football while I imagine great baseball players can still put on a decent show of their skills.

1 Like

I mean we basically do it with soccer aid just that’s with oaps rather than active players.

I doubt an active ‘all star’ match would get much more traction.

You’d probably need this to be a CL all star game rather than PL one too. Surely the point is that it’s all the stars of the sport.

I remember some of the older FIFA games had those legends teams etc. which were all 90s and then like a current legends team etc.

My favourite was the 2002 World Cup fifa game where they had the European All Stars and South American and African etc.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Edu Gaspar

The all-star game in the NHL is utter wank. No crunching hits into the boards or anything, and this in the middle of the 80-game season. Many do watch it, though.