PL title race 22/23

I would have if a trip to Tottenham stadium or Old Trafford was coming up.

Rio talking some sense here:

:speaking_head:Rio Ferdinand: "ā€œNo matter what results #Arsenal get against Man City, I still think Arsenal have enough confidence, quality and calmness to take the title. ā€œI donā€™t agree with Roy Keane and Gary Neville, I donā€™t think City will win the league, I think Arsenal will win. ā€œThe way they are playing consistently, I donā€™t see that with City. ā€œI feel like Guardiola is still looking for something, that perfect combination. When you have a team like Arsenal, desperate to win the league, you canā€™t waste any time.ā€

6 Likes

Yeah my confidence is coming from City appearing a bit unsettled as much as it is from us playing well. I just canā€™t see them achieving such a perfect run that we have no chance. Obviously 2 games against them will be the biggest thing to decide it but if we donā€™t drop points vs them then itā€™s them who have the mountain to climb.

While our home game schedule is pretty favourable, 9 wins out of 10 is a lot to ask for.

Our home games are
Brentford
Man City
Everton
Bournemouth
Crystal Palace
Leeds
Southampton
Chelsea
Brighton
Wolves

But if we do that we take a lot of pressure away from performing in 8 away games
Aston Villa,
Leicester
Fulham
Liverpool
West Ham
Man City
Newcastle
Nottm Forest

That is a very hard list of away fixtures. Even Nottingham Forest will be tough as I am sure they would still be in relegation battle.

Just taking a look here and after Villa this weekend City play 5 games away in a row (all comps, 3 PL) before their next home game against Newcastle.

West Ham
Liverpool
Leicester
Arsenal
Leeds
Chelsea

Completes their home schedule.

Tbh thats about as difficult a schedule as you can get. Good for us.

Against Top 6

We have twice City, Once Chelsea, Newcastle and Lverpool. 2 Home and 3 Away.

City have twice us, Once Liverpool, Chelsea and Newcastle.

4 Home and 1 Away.

James for AFTV looked at our upcoming fixtures and grouped them a bit. We have a really tough run from April onwards.

If we somehow are still in the race by then(which I doubt) then I see a drop to hopefully just 4th.

Hopefully weā€™ve opened the gao enough so that we donā€™t fall off the CL places.

1 Like

This new negative bit youā€™re doing is terrible. Not believable whatsoever.

4 Likes

Following AFTV can do that to people :joy:

Liverpool (A)
West Ham (A)
Southampton (H)
City (A)
Chelsea (H)
Newcastle (A)

All within a month.
The pessimist in me woke up when I saw that.

1 Like

And how many points have you us dropping in the lead up to them games? To not be in the title race any longer as you say you doubt we will be?

We can win 4 of them games no problem. Have no idea why youā€™re pushing this negative agenda all of a sudden

Game by game ladies. Game by game.

1 Like

10-12 points.

If we get 9 points out of the next 3 Iā€™ll relax but I feel this upcoming week could really fuck us up if we donā€™t. Need at least 6 points really. Anything less weā€™re fucked.

No. Weā€™re not. Will depend on how the points we do get come about and what happens around us too.

2 Likes

Sure. Ideally would take the dub against City. Thatā€™s the most important one even if we drop points against Villa right after.

Would be a big confidence booster beating our main rival for sure.
Would be a blow for them as well if we put a convincing display together to go along.

Have you broken several mirrors today whilst walking under a ladder?

ā€œHopefully.ā€ How have you watched us this season and decided there is a chance we could drop outside the top 4? That would be an almighty collapse and would also mean 3 teams below us have to be pretty flawless until the end of the season. You saw Man United last night, right? So that is clearly not going to happen.

1 Like

Heā€™s clearly on a fishing :fishing_pole_and_fish: trip lol

3 Likes