PL title race 22/23

He’s the guy who got all that abuse for that Spurs Arsenal “combined” XI. Leave him be, he’s probably still hurting. :sweat_smile:

Gonna say we need 91-93 points to win the Title.

Wait, is he? :rofl:
I didn’t realize that.

You say that yet Spurs have scored more goals that Man Utd this season. Same for Newcastle.
There’s honestly not much difference between Newcastle, Man Utd and Spurs in terms of playing style and approach.

All of them are passive and heavily relying on counter-attacks. Main difference for Man Utd at the moment is that Rashford is on fire. Just like Spurs had Son and Kane on fire a while back and Newcastle the same with Almiron.

This is where I feel January business will once again play a big part. Danjuma and Porro is some pretty good business for Spurs, and Kulusevski and Bentancur are now back. Their schedule post-City looks pretty good and I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they do actually get something from City at their new stadium.

1 Like

United have more potential scorers though and Wenghorst helps that.
I’d say also as a factor United look more likely and actually enjoying the games than Spurs.
Also united results are better in the big matches.

1 Like

Around 90. That would mean city winning 15/18 remaining games with is both absolutely possible and yet requires them to go on a hell of a run too.

We can really make a dent if we hold them to two draws.

1 Like

Weirdly the one team where I think it’s a straight up match and doesn’t matter about location.

We need two draws or at least 1 win from those games and it’ll make me much more confident we can pull off the title.

Dunno, I feel there’s still far more reliance in Rashford than anyone else. You have Fernandes of course as well but he hasn’t been in his usual goalscoring mood.

Newcastle are definitely the odd ones out here though. Way too much focus on keeping the clean sheet, and while that’s good to have, you have to score to win games, and they’ve been struggling with that recently.

I see Man Utd and Spurs taking 3rd and 4th for now but Liverpool somehow despite their awful form are actually not far off. If they do finally wake up, and history has shown they will, then they’ll claim a Top 4 spot.

Newcastle have conceded 11 goals this season. Spurs have conceded 31.

That’s quite a big thing I’d say. Scoring 2 goals in a game is no good if you’re conceding 4.

And as for Man United. Their trajectory is up. Spurs are just up and down and all over the place. They’re lucky to even be 5th.

1 Like

It’s only one game in the difference but no one has played as many games as spurs. Less room for error from them too and they are already behind.

1 Like

They’re 3 points behind Man Utd and Newcastle having played a game extra. Not that big of a gap and we’re still in January.
They’ve also taken the matches against their league leaders out of the way. :grin:

Spurs are gonna need to start getting good fast to turn it around because there form is as bad as the results they’re getting

2 Likes

I think Newcastle will get top four and either Man U or spurs to get the other place.

Their form is that bad yet they’re still in the race.

Let’s not forget these twats had like 4-5 back to back defeats last season around February, Conte had a meltdown against Burnley, things quickly in March and they had the run of their lives.

This is why their business now and the return of Bentancur and Kulusevski could prove crucial.

While it’s exciting that we are in premier league title race, we have also more or less qualified for next season CL. It will be great to see these kids in champions league fighting against Teams like Madrid, Barcelona etc

1 Like

The two City games are title winning games, we have to stop them catching us…
One win one draw is achievable, but 2-3 points are also good enough.

These are the two games to decide our fate, and to show if we are real deal or not.

Oh my days, I saw this pop again online:

My immediate thought was “Imagine if we play them on the last matchday”…

We fucking do. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

no disrespectful meaning by what he said :arteta:

Oh yeah man, I so want that to happen.
But I won’t complain if we win the title on City’s ground.

I also won’t complain if we clinch the title with five matchweeks remaining…

2 Likes