Next manager

Well yeah the contradictions on here at times is amusing.
We have the non ambitious board taking a cheap option that allegedly Emery was, should then be replaced with his coach Freddie.
Really it’s lower league club outlook.

The board simply have to hire the best possible manager and back him financially.
If they make another mistake, like Emery, then we are going to remain out of the CL and our remaining few decent players will leave.

Only proven, top quality, experienced managers need apply.

Says who?

I don’t recall people being particularly keen on Enrique last summer before we had appointed Emery.

On a scale of 0 - 10 (Emery - Klopp) where do people even rate Enrique?

About a thousand Google search results

I don’t think people were all that excited with the idea of Enrique but I think you’ll also find that most who were familiar with his work were open to/liked the idea.

On that scale he’s somewhere between a 7-9 depending how you like to do rankings, lol. But yeah, he would’ve been a nice hire.

PD: will always remember this post I made because when we hired Emery I thought fuck me, that’s such a disaster scenario that I hadn’t even conceived its possibility :sob:

I’d rate Enrique about a 7 on that scale @Sol.

I’m starting wonder are our board / ownership sitting on Emery because they’re to scared of the backlash making another failed appointment ? I’m probably clutching at straws, I’m just at a loss to why Emery wasn’t sacked during this international break.

Wonder if there is any truth to us looking at gallardo…seems to have some tactics and plays slick stuff i am sure edu knows him too and we seem to be going that route south american with signings etc too

I wondered that and have a feeling they will hire a temp manager until end of season

I remember him being talked about but I don’t remember many being too keen on him but Emery was almost never talked about or even considered.

I wanted either Conte, Ancelotti, Simeone or Allegri but would have been ok with Enrique.
When Emery was announced I had no idea what he would be like but, like most supporters, I thought it was a particularly underwhelming decision.

Remember this is Arsenal we’re talking about here.
There won’t be any decisive action until we’re desperate.
Realistically, they haven’t got anyone else suitable to go for until the end of the season and we have very winnable games in our next two PL matches.

Saying that, if we lose both, the board will have no option other than sack him and get a temporary manager in.

1 Like

Bring in Poch. Should be swooping in on him now.

3 Likes

Absolutely, it’s almost a no-brainer at this point.

I think only an arrogant, tunnel-visioned Arsenal fan would be judging Poch on this season alone.

Our entire fanbase would be behind him.

1 Like

Poch should go to Madrid when Zidane is sacked.

I think someone said he’d never manage Arsenal. He would be the dream though.

2 Likes

I’d stay away from Real until Messi is done tbh.

He’ll be off to United IMO

10 Likes

Dont want poch i feel he is overrated he couldnt win a trophy with that spuds squad with the other rivals in freefall

1 Like

would fans have a problem with him being at tottenham tho? I would imagine so but perhaps not? are we more desperate for improvement?

Ugh Poch would not spark joy.

2 Likes

He won’t be coming here. If he’s ambitious, he’ll wait it out for one of the elite European clubs to come knocking. His stock is still incredibly high.

However, there are big question marks over him still. His away record at big clubs is awful, I’m sure it’s as shit as Arsenal’s. Never winning a trophy despite some great opportunities to do so.

Saying all of that, no doubt he’d massively improve us. Compared to Emery, he is a class apart. But yeah, he won’t be coming here :rofl:

2 Likes

Just heard Poch available now gone from Spurs