Mesut Özil

Ozil is not as bad as Emery makes him look.

A Manager should not be so effing rigid that they can’t make use of certain style of players and this is no longer an era wherein you can afford to do so.
Quality players are hard to come by, so you can’t just go out & get yourself those kind of players, especially attacking ones.

Work with what you got and get the best out of them.

3 Likes

The choice is between Emery and Ozil for me.

I think it will be easier/better to find a coach that could get the best out of Ozil than to find a club that is willing to take Ozil on his astronomical wages that would have to be heavily subsidizing. Let’s not forget Mesut has made it clear he ‘loves’ Arsenal and London.

The choice is easy for me. New manager, new Ozil.

4 Likes

Ozil is done flexo has been for a while your reasoning is foolish

Done under this coach for sure. I’m not willing to throw the towel in on his career just yet.
My reasoning is we’re going to find it hard to move Ozil on against his will. What is likely to happen is he’s still here come pre-season, under the same coach that can’t get the best out of him while eating up wage.

It’s obviously not preferably to have a player so welded to the club but we’ve only ourselves to blame.

1 Like

Yeah probably but another year and Ozil is another year older and will need to adjust to another manager… I think the reality is that neither of them are for the future beyond next year probably.

1 Like

Thread:

1 Like

No future for both but Emery is the easiest to get rid of right now. :+1:

1 Like

Then your virtually saying the player has a say on the manager and the board comply. That makes the player bigger than the club.
Sending that message to the rest of the squad and fan base would be a disaster. The blokes fitness is sketchy and stamina levels are now were Wilshire was last season. Just get shut. The man is a manipulative snake.

1 Like

I think our board might end up sacking Emery if we’re in 6th by November.

Doubt it.

I think when you pay a player 350k a week you have to deal with the consequences as best you can. Arsenal can’t sell him and will still be paying him 180k a week in the ‘best’ case scenario. We’d be paying a player to not play for us and he’d still be the second best-payed player in the squad.

That sounds like a terrible idea. Given our cash troubles, we’re in no position to waste a single dime for crying out loud. This season from Ozil is a complete outlier, while with Emery this is fairly typical. So I’m not consigning Ozil to scrap heap just yet, not that we have much of a choice.

I am assuming what you really mean to say is that he is still better than other options we have, so we should play him… I think if we had a better option reliably that was cheaper, we would surely play them instead, no?

What he is paid makes him super hard to move, agreed… but it doesn’t mean we HAVE to play him, other than politically… he either performs and works in the team or doesn’t.

The problem is he is just another example of bad decision-making and use of our limited resources in the last 3-5 years…

1 Like

Ozil can still be useful for us on the pitch as he is still one of the best creative 10s in the world. Need more complimentary figures alongside him and a change of tactics and a new coach…so not much :wink:

Do we have a better and cheaper more reliable option?

That’s true. That’s also what we’ve done this year and it hasn’t exactly worked very well.

Ozil has been a good signing for us but this last year and a half has been bad. There’s a quote from Arsene when asked to sum up Alexis at United versus Alexis at Arsenal. “Mesut Ozil”. I’d invert that and say that’s the main difference between pre-contract and post-contract Ozil. “Alexis Sanchez”. We really wasted their peaks.

Now he’s exchanging passes with Kolasinac rather than Alexis. It’s a huge difference in game intelligence.

3 Likes

Yeah not disagreeing with your points other than what it seemed like you were saying, which was “if we pay him a lot, we must play him”.

I also agree he tends to like to drift wide… our shambles of wide players has stifled this a little bit and our lack of consistent progression with possession makes it harder for him to find those little pockets and dart around - we are just so f*ing terrible through our midfield that it hurts him too.

1 Like

Ozil can still be useful for Arsenal. Don’t get it twisted. Man can be(and has been) the Alpha and Omega for either a quick counter attacking side or a classic tiki-taka side.
Mourinho, Low and Wenger got the best of him using him in various ways. He showed this season when allowed to be himself that he is still a genius when it comes to creating chances.
Despite Cesc’s comments, Ozil can definitely be a leader and absolutely help our youngsters grow. Ozil did that when he came to Arsenal.
The only reason we’re in this right now is because Unai is relentless on his views, despite his crap about our side being a chameleon, lol.

Just fyi, the reason I’m pro Ozil leaving is because I know Emery isn’t and as a football fan seeing Ozil being mismanaged is atrocious to watch, especially if it’s your team doing that.

5 Likes

I want both out tbh, clean slate but yeah an Ozil without Emery is of more use to the club than an Emery with no Ozil.

So if one has to stay, it should be Mesut

1 Like

I really can’t wait until we can move on and stop talking about this guy :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Nobody wants this cunt and its not just wages. Pogba is a cunt but top clubs still see a use for him.
People wanted him playing. Gets selected and gets dragged off at Brighton and home to Cardiff etc. its either he needs a run in the team or the team not set up right. Against fucking relegation fodder people use shit like this.
Major fucking final last week as a senior player lasts 70 minute. Bosses nothing but his twitter account. Pure cunt.

6 Likes

Apart from Maitland-Niles, and at some extent Xhaka and Papa, who performed in the final?
Our lethal Auba couldn’t hit a ball to save his life, Koscielny is still trying to enter the game, Cech looked like a FIFA goalkeeper in the goals, Monreal well whatever…
Knowing Emery, if Ozil started playing his own way and disregarded the manager he would’ve been hooked at HT, like we’ve seen before.

1 Like

So why does nobody want him or even get linked with him.