Emile Smith Rowe (10)

Yeah he gave us some real oomph.

3 Likes

Very positive impact. Most impressed by how hard he worked off the ball.

1 Like

Donā€™t tell him that i think has been doing that too much as it is

I thought he looked shit tbh.

1 Like

Bit sloppy in possession but great to see him back. Impacted on the game. Hopefully Arteta starts to trust him a little more often.

Wrong blonde mate.

Iā€™m not sure he did anything exceptional. The good thing is that Arteta was willing to roll the dice on him. The bad news is that it happened on a day when Vieira wasnā€™t even on the bench so itā€™s entirely possible it was a reluctant roll of the dice.

I donā€™t think Arteta rates him that much. He would most certainly have brought on Vieira before ESR, had he been available. I think ESR will remain nothing more than plan B or C for Mikel unless he shows him something special in training.

Performing in a 10 minute span is about his level. Will never be a 90 minute player sadly. His body is fuckd to bits.

1 Like

Not everyone can be a starter. Iā€™m very happy with him being a sub coming on with fresh legs for the later stages in games

2 Likes

If heā€™s happy playing that Trossard role (being a super sub) for the rest of his career here, then Iā€™m happy to keep him. Otherwise, we should shift him on as soon as we get an offer w/decent money.

1 Like

Get rid

2 Likes

See, this is a good example of someone being a crock. Got his first league start in 2+ years and he has a knee issue.

Edit:
Christ.
https://twitter.com/TikiTakaConnor/status/1719789265188503621

Yeah this is a bloke we need to cut ties with, breaks down constantly and canā€™t last more than 70 mins even when fit. Body isnā€™t cut out for pro sport unfortunately.

3 Likes

Luckily we are STACKED in his position. We can only get peanuts for him in the summer tho with his injury record

1 Like

people were quoting 50-60m this summerā€¦maybe we should have jumped at it.

Yeah no one is paying more than 25-30 mill for him given his durability issues.

1 Like

Would be lucky to get Ā£20m for him at this rate. Heā€™s already 23 ffs.

Love the lad, but itā€™s time to part ways.

2 Likes

20m is still decent as we paid 0 for his weak knees.

1 Like

Doesnā€™t have the body for it and certainly not the level weā€™re aspiring to reach.

Huge shame but he should always be looked on as a non-factor until he proves otherwise, for one reason or another heā€™s not making it here.

4 Likes