Emile Smith Rowe (10)

No idea how you can say that with certainty, the way this dude is overrated by some is funny tbh

He’s been a non-factor in how long now, barring a miraculous season he is on one of the first that should be shipped out especially as he actually has some value even though that is starting to dwindle.

I don’t see him working out here long term, yes he’s one of our own but I’ve never looked at him like some superstar talent and his body likely won’t be able to hold up for the football this team aims to produce also.

Goddamn.

2 Likes

He’s worth far more. Gibbs White and Cole Palmer went for more.

1 Like

The word ‘likely’ is operative here. We aren’t signing a star to be back up to Saka. I liked the ideas of Raphinha and Neto. Neither are coming here to sit (and stay) on the bench.

They don’t have to be a star to better than ESR

Also from a physical a standpoint they may be better placed to help the team, how many seasons with this guy being irrelevant and us trying to challenge for the title before some realise it isn’t happening?

Well, here’s the clear disconnect - I clearly rate ESR far more than you do.

It’s actually funny, I really like Neto but he isn’t doing anything ESR hasn’t already and they’re a similar age.

ESR is definitely a keep for me. Ideally, Jesus becomes the other option to Saka and we buy a striker. I’m not prepared to lose ESR unless that striker is Oshimen.

Most fans do tbh.

2 Likes

Neto is clear of him with regards to creation I can see that clear as day and he’s much better physically also, he looks the better talent.

Yeah he’s a keep for what? Sentiment ? Because he’s done sweet FA in a long time and I don’t see that changing either

1 Like

No he isn’t. I’d have either of those over him in a heartbeat.

That has become pretty apparent before you even posted!
To answer your question as to why to keep him? He’s versatile, knows the system(s) and has shown that at the very least, he’s a Prem level player capable of scoring a significant amount of goals.

2 Likes

Arsenal were playing keep ball for 95% of that time he was on the pitch and he still had two opportunities to score. From the first, I think it’s reasonable to expect him to put that away, and with the second he forces a good save from the keeper.

Smith Rowe is probably one of the top 3 ball strikers in the squad. Give him the opportunities on the pitch and he’ll score.

5 Likes

Relax bruv

1 Like

Forgotten man again.

Another game, big game, without him.
Not even a few minutes this time.

He needs to step up and win his place back in the team. I haven’t see enough from him so far when he has been given minutes. Clearly has the talent, but needs to demonstrate his quality and needs to show he has the mentality to be a player at Arsenal.

Heard that he got good cameos when coming on for the last two games??

He should have scored against Bournemouth. He needs to take those chances.

can see him getting frustrated and wanting to leave, a player of this talent should be playing more

Unfortunately, talent alone is not enough.
At least, stay healthy.

I’m not a massive fan of his but a tight game against Man City was always unlikely to provide much of an opportunity for a player still finding his way back.

1 Like

Great cameo from ESR. Some of his one touch passing was excellent, which gave us more zip in unlocking the Caicedo/Enzo midfield. We looked very flat and slow before he came on.

Treat yourself to a Nandos, Smith lad.

3 Likes