Emile Smith Rowe (10)

Yeah he gave us some real oomph.

3 Likes

Very positive impact. Most impressed by how hard he worked off the ball.

1 Like

Don’t tell him that i think has been doing that too much as it is

I thought he looked shit tbh.

1 Like

Bit sloppy in possession but great to see him back. Impacted on the game. Hopefully Arteta starts to trust him a little more often.

Wrong blonde mate.

I’m not sure he did anything exceptional. The good thing is that Arteta was willing to roll the dice on him. The bad news is that it happened on a day when Vieira wasn’t even on the bench so it’s entirely possible it was a reluctant roll of the dice.

I don’t think Arteta rates him that much. He would most certainly have brought on Vieira before ESR, had he been available. I think ESR will remain nothing more than plan B or C for Mikel unless he shows him something special in training.

Performing in a 10 minute span is about his level. Will never be a 90 minute player sadly. His body is fuckd to bits.

1 Like

Not everyone can be a starter. I’m very happy with him being a sub coming on with fresh legs for the later stages in games

2 Likes

If he’s happy playing that Trossard role (being a super sub) for the rest of his career here, then I’m happy to keep him. Otherwise, we should shift him on as soon as we get an offer w/decent money.

1 Like

Get rid

2 Likes

See, this is a good example of someone being a crock. Got his first league start in 2+ years and he has a knee issue.

Edit:
Christ.
https://twitter.com/TikiTakaConnor/status/1719789265188503621

Yeah this is a bloke we need to cut ties with, breaks down constantly and can’t last more than 70 mins even when fit. Body isn’t cut out for pro sport unfortunately.

3 Likes

Luckily we are STACKED in his position. We can only get peanuts for him in the summer tho with his injury record

1 Like

people were quoting 50-60m this summer…maybe we should have jumped at it.

Yeah no one is paying more than 25-30 mill for him given his durability issues.

1 Like

Would be lucky to get £20m for him at this rate. He’s already 23 ffs.

Love the lad, but it’s time to part ways.

2 Likes

20m is still decent as we paid 0 for his weak knees.

1 Like

Doesn’t have the body for it and certainly not the level we’re aspiring to reach.

Huge shame but he should always be looked on as a non-factor until he proves otherwise, for one reason or another he’s not making it here.

4 Likes