Chelsea

you can also look at it in the way that they have picked up more points from Manu and Liverpool

2 Likes

I distinctly remember pointing out back in maybe January that Chelsea were entering a meat grinder of fixtures due to the amount of big games they had to play in the second half of the season.

But I couldnā€™t have imagined theyā€™d be taking Lā€™s and dropping points to mid table and lower half teams as well :bergkamp2:

No big team will have a season worse than this for a very long time, 43 points from 37 games is fucking unbelievable.

6 Likes

Even when we were in the shitter and went through Emery, Ljungberg and early Arteta and finished fucking 8th it was still not as bad as Chelsea.

I swear to god, they get a free pass from the pundits whenever they have a bad season. Thereā€™s literally zero content about them other than Bohley acting like Logan from Succession.

Remember that season where they finished 10th!? Did they win the UCL with DiMatteo that year? :thinking:

2 Likes

And the FA Cup. As far as caretaker managers go, di Matteoā€™s stint is exemplary. Got sacked a little too quickly in the next season since Roman Abramovich was probably expecting a title push while City and United were tussling it out. Expectations were unreasonably high, perhaps.

1 Like

They finished 6th the season they won the Champions League. They won feck all when they finished 10th.

1 Like

16 losses in a 38 game season for a ā€œbig clubā€ is unreal. And thereā€™s one game still to go.

1 Like

More worried now than I have been in a while. He could actually create coherence there, and heā€™s alright with young talents I suppose. He could turn them into a rival and a top 4 contender again perhaps.

Iā€™ll put up 20 quid that he doesnā€™t last the season.

5 Likes

Stupid ownership will still make them fail. Chelsea & Spurs are clubs that donā€™t have manager problems imho. Their leadership are just too impatient, and it leads to self-inflicted implosion. Anyone who joins their clubs will fail imo. Big red flags.

1 Like

Should sort some of the mess out but they are a long way behind this years top 5.
Fifth at best if Newcastle struggle with Europe maybe.
But nah. Nothing much too see here.

1 Like

I hope you guys are right :sweat_smile: the best thing they can do is get continuity imoā€¦ hopefully they continue to struggle with just that.

Iā€™ll take that action if youā€™re being literal :+1:

2 Likes

I thought chelsea only did 7+ year contracts?

Poch must have a shit agent

1 Like

Chelseaā€™s new head coach

Soā€¦ Whoā€™s gonna be the next Chelsea coach after Pochettino is sacked?

Tuchel

1 Like

And bring back Lukaku in the winter window

De Zerbi

3 Likes

Allardyce.

1 Like