Chelsea

Cucurella is surely the biggest daylight robbery in recent Premier League history.

Itā€™s a strange one because he looked fantastic at Brighton, and then Pep obviously wanted him so itā€™s even more bizarre how badly itā€™s gone for him at Chelsea.

2 Likes

True. Fuck 'em, donā€™t want.

1 Like

Cucurella is just like Bellerin type. Looks okay on the ball but thereā€™s nothing special and defensively average.
They get found out these types. Just ordinary run of the mill players that get overly hyped on very little size bites.

4 Likes

Would have been great if City bought Cucurella rather than Akanji.

They have gotten annoyingly lucky with a lot of players they heavily pursued and then missed out on - Cucurella, Maguire, Fred, Alexis, missing Kane so able to get Haaland, etc. Dodging bullets like Neo in the Matrix.

2 Likes

6 Likes

1 Like

We donā€™t even know whatā€™s really going on behind the scenes. There has been talk of Todd getting involved in the actual match preparations and selections. We all remember how they omitted their most in-form defender in Badiashile and strangely registered all of the 3 big signings in Felix, Enzo and Mudryk instead.
Iā€™ve found the lineups in recent weeks extremely strange. Iā€™m just not sure Frank is really the one calling the shots

Poch better be prepared because heā€™s about to work in a shithole next season. These guys havenā€™t even cleaned house yet and theyā€™re looking to sign more players. Ugarte, Caicedo, Osimhen and Vlahovic have all been linked. Those are some big, big money moves. Money that will go down the drain and handicap them in the future.

Currently, I donā€™t see them as a threat.

I see all of Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Newcastle and Man Utd finishing above them. And depending on how Brighton, Spurs and Villa play their cards, they may be too

2 Likes

I really dislike the ā€œin all competitionsā€ omission from that image.

1 Like

Particularly as the end of the sentence refers to relegation from the league.

1 Like

West Ham were recently in the relegation places and both them Wolves could finish above Chelsea.
Considering their massive spending and depth of quality, they have just had their worst PL season by some distance, yet the media seem to be a lot more lenient with them than they are with us.

How? Get ripped on a regular basis all season.

Im trying to get on board with this thought process they wont be a threat next season, but with all that talent and a decent manager coming in they cant fail can they?

Can only expect them to come back big next season

1 Like

Well, Tuchel and Potter would argue not. I donā€™t think Potter is a particularly better manager. Heā€™s about the same.

Itā€™s a damn shame Tuchel got those points on the board early in the season as they couldā€™ve been in a relegation battle without them

1 Like

Chelsea fans are currently losing their collective minds over this tweet post-United loss.

https://twitter.com/levi_colwill/status/1661840763179638820?s=46&t=eJpgg6uHWRsStnASv-OePg

From Leviā€™s POV, why should he be loyal to them?

They almost included him in the Cucurella transfer. Chelsea went and signed 3 new CBs which limits his opportunities. Their track record with academy talent is awful too. Only time they gave academy talent a chance was when they had that ban, and they followed up that ban with spending Ā£200m during lockdown like it was nothing. If I was him I would be looking elsewhere too.

1 Like

Glorious :kroenke:

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/1661841820593324032?t=q0MykJX4kggis0NzC2l0Eg&s=19

1 Like

Of course their only win, just had to be against us :rofl::rofl:

Our points tally vs. Chelsea is 2nd on that list, and 2nd worst for them :fire:

3 Likes