Black Lives Matter Movement

I can’t make sense of your sentence.

Updated

r/ENLIGHTENEDCENTRISM

Haha I don’t know why but I tend to find these overtly orthodox guys funny.

The guy on yellow customized bike calling him a dumbass :joy:

Nice to see that students have taken the time to start a petition remove a statue of Gladstone because of his links with the slave trade.

I hope it doesn’t stop there.
I want to see all the great landmarks, that have names associated with the slave trade, changed.
They can start with Victoria Station, Victoria Park, The Victoria and Albert Museum, The Victoria Line etc, anything associated with the royal family like bank notes, coins stamps, etc.

Then they could change the names of the continents of Europe, America and Africa who have a history of owning and selling slaves.

I congratulate them because it should be the main priority of politicians from all sides to listen and take notice of these overworked, under privileged students who clearly know their history and want it wiped out as soon as possible.

8 Likes

I’ve moved your post here along with the majority of the rest of the statue chat this place has seen so we can keep it out of the General News Thread.

1 Like

It’s kind of the point we need a statue cancel thread for the sake of not dilluting this one.

Ship sailed on that one I feel, large part of this thread is people talking bollocks about fucking statues.

But by all means, do go ahead and create a thread about statues, I’d be more than happy to keep that chat seperate from the wider issue of BLM and civil rights. Not least because I personally find it to be incredibly boring at this stage.

Having sex with a statue is probably COVID safe @JakeyBoy. Keep an open mind. :mustafi:

Statement in tweet

4 Likes

Well articulated that.

1 Like

Fair enough statement until I read this line.

No one is more passionate than me about this topic

Trump has infected the masses

Seems like people are waking up to this nonsense, as always nothing good comes out of BLM.

No mate it confirms what the protest was about. Failure to address (again) will lead too further unrest.
Everyone loses. Gets bigger and uglier the longer you ignore it. Good luck with ostrich mentality. Going to reap a whirlwind and Brexit and covid economic mess on top.Bad times a coming.

1 Like

Fair play to QPR

What was about?

Nah mate your not on.

BLM UK have just tweeted out their aims. Total vagueness. The only one which is clear is no borders, which is total madness.

Why is BLM UK demands sound like BLM US demands?
Why can’t they learn to left align?