Yves Bissouma

Bissouma at #10 needed. :rofl:

1 Like

Heā€™s not even a strict defensive midfielder though, he has someone beside him to play that role. Heā€™s a progressive and combative box to box. Heā€™s exactly the type of profile weā€™re crying out for and a more realistic option than Camavinga.

Iā€™ve seen a few members get what heā€™s about but for the most part people are just ignorant towards what type of player he is.

I remember last time he was brought up months ago you got annoyed because he was portrayed at your typical athletic beast CDM in the media. Stereotypes aside youā€™re correct heā€™s much more elegant and well rounded than people give him credit for and Iā€™d much rather have an 8 like him than Ceballos or Ramsey.

This idea that heā€™s a brain dead CDM just ainā€™t it.

3 Likes

Definitely. :muscle:

1 Like

I worry Arteta is so cautious that heā€™ll force him to play as a CDM. Whatā€™s better than having destroyed Parteyā€™s ability to float in midfield? Destroying another playerā€™s ability to float in midfield and play him with Partey to make sure we are always secure at the back.

1 Like

Yes a progressive midfielder who doesnā€™t progress the ball, just what we fucking need!! Lmaoooo.

Reality is transfers are a crap shoot many a time. I still remember the whole argument here about Morgan Schneiderlin ppl swore he was gonna be the next big thing, I have a bad memory so I forget who was stanning him so hard :joy::joy: donā€™t expect much from Arteta no matter who we buy heā€™s gonna fuck them up. However the type of player ur saying he is, is a myth. Ppl swore Partey was a destroyer but between he and Koke he was always the more creative player, and heā€™s come here and shown his passing and dribbling skills but not so much his defensive ability.

1 Like

Will almost certainly be a flop, through no fault of his own as well.

If he even is any good, Arteta will see to that very quickly.

1 Like

Iā€™ll own that and I still maintain Wenger would have turned him into a top player. Would have turned out far better than Xhaka anyway.

8 Likes

Yeah canā€™t disagree with this tbh.

1 Like

Xhaka was discount Schniederlinā€¦although Schniederlin is now a discount Schniederlin.

4 Likes

Iā€™m sure a lot of ppl wanted him btw but I remember a pretty fierce battle between two ppl in particular. One dood who really rated him and one who didnā€™t, pretty sure it was @Darkseid and @Castiel but my memory is shit so idk.

Heā€™d make a better partner to Santi than he did to Herrera and Fellaini.

2 Likes

It might cost 120m but if it means going into a season without either Xhaka and Elneny starting and an attacking midfield of Grealish, ESR, Saka, with Pepe on the bench, it could be the best transfer window weā€™ve had.

2 Likes

Thought that was Wilshere for a minute :upside_down_face:

1 Like

The dude who hated the idea of him was no other than footballer snob extraordinare AC-which if anything just illustrates he would have been a success here. Personally I still believe he would have been a great acquisition for us, he didnā€™t work out at United but thatā€™s no real reflection on quality as you can see why so many others who have failed there recently. Iā€™d have loved to have taken him over Xhaka.

Schniederlin is a pure anchor though and is much more like Xhaka than say Yves or Partey. And no one thought he was going to be the next big thing, just a useful player and a vast improvement on our miserable CDMā€™s at the time. Daddy Wenger somehow went with a worse option in Xhaka and now heā€™s sacked and weā€™re irrelevant.

4 Likes

I donā€™t mind him as a player, but we really need a goalscoring mid also, successful teams usually always have goals from midfield.

1 Like

Oh the days when we had midfielders galore.

1 Like

Sure anyone but Xhaka, and the Arsene effect would have meant he probably would have looked good here at Arsenal. However reality is the dood went to united for 40m (which for a player of this caliber is a massive waste of funds for Arsenal, see Laca, Xhaka, Mustafi) and then shortly after was sold to Evertonā€¦and Everton just recently sold him for 2m to Nice. Dood is mediocre af and as much as u hate AC he was right. No reason for us to go out and buy these mediocre players for big money, especially when they are going into the hands of a football terrorist that isnā€™t going to hide their mediocrity only highlight it. Bissouma is never worth 30m Iā€™d take a punt if Arsene was still our manager and we could get him for 15m or so but it will be a waste otherwise.

I canā€™t even with you at times man. I donā€™t know where you do your research or why you lack basic fact checking skills but seriously Iā€™m going to stop answering your nonsense if you just keep pulling figures out of your ass.

He went to United for Ā£24-25m and then to Everton for Ā£22m all in all that was a fine transfer economy for United and was worth the risk. He didnā€™t work out but thatā€™s more too Unitedā€™s lack of stability than anything.

Players like Scheniderlin, Cabaye or Wijnaldum will always have the idiot elitists like you and AC turning their nose up but theyā€™re still the kind of players that we have been missing for years. Established internationals who knew the English game.

I get you want to give the impression youā€™re some sort of footballing quasi-intellectual but please stop pulling shite from thin air and dressing it up as some kind of enticing argument on footballing counter culture.

For the record I loved AC, he was great fun, I just saw through his bullshit from day one, - much like you I donā€™t think even watched much Premier League football towards the end as he genuinely didnā€™t seem to have a clue.

5 Likes

Typical response from someone who is normally wrong and wants to cover their ass so they arenā€™t exposed :+1::+1::joy::joy:

1 Like

3 Likes