Yves Bissouma

Yves love to see it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Another goal scoring midfielder to get excited about then. Canā€™t wait.

10 Likes

*Expected goalscoring midfielder

10 Likes

Anomaly

9 Likes

Who the hell is Harry Pratt?
Heā€™s arguably their best asset, why the hell would they sell him for only Ā£30m?

Because city, Chelsea, United arenā€™t interested.

1 Like

:face_vomiting:

1 Like

Partey-Bissouma
Xhaka

Mikelā€™s dream midfield.

5 Likes

I donā€™t understand all the hate for Bissoumaā€¦a Bissouma-Partey pivot would be a very strong central midfield and would allow our attacking players to focus on what they are good atā€¦I really rate this guy and want us to make a bid for him in the summer.

2 Likes

I think some people donā€™t like the idea of signing a player from Brighton because we used to sign players from big clubs and Brighton are neither big nor successful right now.

Our bigger problem is creativity imo and idk how Bissouma solves that.

Because Bissoumaā€™s passing is atrocious. Partey is actually a much better passer than most give him credit for but Bissouma should be used as only a holding midfielder who wins the ball and recycles to someone who can progress the ball. 30m is such a fucking waste on a player as limited as Bissouma but Arsenal gonna Arsenal.

This would be depressing afā€¦Partey is a G tho Mikel has just ruined him.

2 Likes

??? Ok how aboutā€¦Henry, Pires, Vieira, and all the other great Arsenal players who no one had heard of before they signed for usā€¦Playing for Brighton means he is PL ready for next season. Personally I think he would be a great holding midfielder for us and would allow Partey a bit more freedom. He would represent a big upgrade on Elneny and provide competition for Xhaka. He is also a good age with a lot of potential - there is a reason so many clubs are interested in him!

I also disagree with the creativity point now that we are playing 4-2-3-1 - we have the players in the squad atm to create enough chances but I do hope we strengthen further with Buendia in the summer.

I would be happy for Bissouma to sit in front of the back four, alongside Partey and allow our creative players to do what they do best. It will also allow our full backs to attack, without leaving ourselves too open to the counter attack. Partey and Bissouma would be a beast of a midfield pivot - it has been a long time since we had two hard hitting central midfielders.

1 Like

Well I guess we found Artetaā€™s OA account.

Heā€™s not well rounded enough. We already have a limited midfielder in Xhaka at the club. Iā€™m not a fan of ā€œbeast midfieldsā€, itā€™s too agricultural for me.

5 Likes

Good to see weā€™re getting our Bissoumness done early

2 Likes

Way cooler player than Elneny, Xhaka or Ceballos. Heā€™s been really good everytime Iā€™ve watched him this season and he was fantastic against us.

Honestly people really donā€™t think heā€™d improve us

Man this isnā€™t what heā€™s all about at all heā€™s actually very well rounded in attack and in defense, honestly some games he looks like a less flair, more hard grafting Pogba, in others you can see shades of Wijnaldum. He has really nice ball carrying close control too ala Dembele at Spurs.

Heā€™s a little raw no doubt but coming from Brighton heā€™ll be eager to succeed and prove himself, heā€™s an interesting player and far more than just your typical run hard tackle hard archetype people seem to think he is.

2 Likes

The more youtube clips I see the more impressed. Reckon heā€™d be our best midfielder Partey included.

1 Like

Nah this isnā€™t it. There are plenty of players from lesser clubs Iā€™d happily sign. I just donā€™t think Bissouma is what we need. And if he was, there are better options out there.

Heā€™s a fine player, no offence to him. He probably is above Brighton level. But heā€™s not right for us IMO.

4 Likes

What donā€™t you like about him and who would you prefer in that position? Heā€™s far more combative and aggressive than any of our midfielders winning way more tackles and interceptions than any of ours. His close control, dribbling and pace is top quality. He has a good range of passing.

Yeah, Iā€™m not saying he is rubbish. Just donā€™t think he should be a priority. But in terms of other players like him, well even someone like Berge would be cheaper. Not that I want him either.

The player I keep hearing a lot about in that position is the guy from Lille. SoumarĆ©? I havenā€™t watched him so I donā€™t know if he is any good. But fans rave about him.

1 Like

Bissouma is a fine player, but I donā€™t want Arteta to be given any money, let alone Ā£30m.

And we have other needs.

3 Likes