Yves Bissouma

For the record AC doesn’t want a Partey-Bissouma partnership. Doesn’t think either have enough long range/creative passing ability

As for Schneiderlin, Cabaye or Wijnaldum, they’re all very different players. Cabaye was a much more technical creative player that would have suited us if Wenger had offered a bit more for him.

Schneiderlin would have provided good defensive cover for Santi and broken up play. But in terms of range of passing and ball progression he was quite average. We also already had Coquelin that provided the break up in play and defensive cover.

I always rated Wijnaldum but maybe the type of player Klopp gets more out of the most.

1 Like

I know, my point is though when a player like this comes up people seem to have an incredibly strong superiority complex over them coming to this club.

I even remember people saying similar about Tierney because he was coming from the SPL.

Snobbery isn’t a good look for us and teams like Liverpool have scoured the league for years looking for reliable talents. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with approaching players from teams like Newcastle, Southampton, Villa etc, just because it isn’t hip doesn’t mean it can’t be pragmatic.

The irony being had we went for a few more old reliable types rather than the exotic European counterparts like Mustafi, Xhaka etc we’d probably be in a better position as a club and squad.

I mentioned those 3 names because that’s a perfectly balanced and obtainable midfield 3 that we just passed by for garbage from other leagues.

2 Likes

It’s usually difficult signing PL players though because they’re expensive. We did actually go for I think 2 of them I think, just didn’t push it over the line. The summer United signed Schneiderlin Wenger said ‘All the players I’m trying to sign they sign’.

2 Likes

Ah yeh the Kante excuse.

1 Like

For me personally I have no issues approaching lower English clubs for their players…IF THEY ARE ACTUALLY FUCKING GOOD lmaoooo :joy::joy: I liked Mane a lot, and I want us to buy Buendia more than anyone. however as a club Arsenal have a penchant for spending big money on mediocre players, Bissouma isn’t a 30m player like I said 15m at most, but as Coatmaker already said the PL tax is too high for someone as limited as him. Berge is the same thing, painfully mediocre and won’t improve us one iota. Grealish is a different story, he’s really actually good :joy::joy:

3 Likes

You see I’d trust you more if you didn’t think Ceballos was some kind of super mutant hybrid of Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta.

4 Likes

This you?? Lmaoooo imagine waffling so hard just because you get some peer pressure from other clueless af Arsenal supporters lolololol. This dood has basically been stifled by Mikels shit tactics, u just have to have a pair of eyes and a small sliver of football knowledge to see that, but okay bruh :sheep:

Tbh everyone on here who wanted him back on loan has held their hands up and admitted they were wrong. Myself included. I didn’t think he’d end up shit housing us over and over again.

You shouldn’t be so proud brother, nothing wrong with admitting a mistake. It’s how we grow as people.

6 Likes

That post was literally 10 months ago :joy::joy: you’re aware opinions can change right?

2 Likes

Has he not also been stiffled by the fact he runs like a duck and as fast as a duck?

3 Likes

Quality is quality, Dani has been a good player for much longer than he’s looked bad for the last few months under Mikel. Also he hasn’t really played terrible he’s being held under the spotlight for some mistakes that turned into goals in the EL. Partey has made just as many just went unpunished so far. Mikel is aids tho so I’ve said before and I’ll say again I can’t judge anyone under him atm, even Willian isn’t as bad as he’s shown.

1 Like

This is the one disappointing thing for me about Dani. He’s our best combative midfielder by far and makes more tackles/interceptions than anyone on our team, but saying he wants to go back to Spain pretty much shows that he’s given up on Mikel (rightfully so) but yeah that last counter attack goal u could tell he couldn’t be assed anymore…unprofessional for sure but I can’t say I wouldn’t do the same when Arteta is basically ruining ur career.

The sad reality of ppl who don’t have a flying fuck about football. Just waffle waffle waffle and follow the crowd. You’ll be the first person to yell and scream about Bissouma when he comes here and ends up being shit :joy::joy:

Oh yeh just like I’ve turned coat on Partey and Pepe.

Nobody is turning on Partey mostly because he was a 50m signing who was massively impressive in the CL just 12 months ago. And Arteta is still ruining him somehow. No clue how someone can look at how good Dani was last summer and see how badly Arteta is effecting this team, and then go on to blame Dani for it…but here we are, peer pressure is a hell of a thing.

We’ll judge it then by the clubs that come in for him.

Nah that’s a shit way to judge it because Arteta has fucked the value of pretty much all our assets. We will judge him on what he does under a competent manager.

Honestly I don’t know about you guys but when Ceballos goes back to Spain I’m probably just going to forget he ever existed. Really don’t care what he does or where he goes.

5 Likes

It’s gonna be hilarious to see u guys whine about whoever we buy for our midfield because reality is Ceballos >>>> pretty much anyone we are linked with. Whoever we replace him with will be just another massive step down in quality and par for the course as far as Arsenal sinking to the depths of mediocrity.

1 Like

The only people constantly moaning these days are you and your Arteta SilverBasque troop. We get it lego hair man bad.

I just lol knowing there’s someone out there that says our team is shit but actually thinks buying Bissouma is the remedy lmaooooo :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like