Yves Bissouma

Tbf, you don’t know if he was given a chance to sign anybody else in those positions.
It was revealed that he wanted Aouar instead of Partey last summer.
Likely that he had to settle with most of the names there.
Same for Emery btw, most of the players we signed he didn’t have much of an input. He wanted Zaha, Maguire and Partey and got Pepe, Luiz and Ceballos.

What arteta came out and said this?

Thank christ he wasn’t listened to? Aouar over Thomas fucking Partey?

Load of shite excuses you can’t get your first targets every time. Those players are his choice.

3 Likes

That might be true but I’m sure a lot of managers would like certain players in their team that they can’t get.

The fact is, apart from a few mega rich clubs, most managers have to work to a budget and ours is higher than most.
We also already have very good players in most positions so there is no excuse for our league position and poor performances.

So if he can’t finish and play better than around half the teams in the PL with what he has, then it’s just tough and proves his lack of management skills.

1 Like

I think it was revealed in an Athletic piece after the window shut. It was rumoured at the time Edu and Artera weren’t seeing eye to eye and that Partey was more of desperation move.
To be fair to him, Partey is a #6/#8, Aouar can play more of #8.5 as he is more of playmaker. He even tends to play as inverted winger.

Edit:

It was L’Equipe.

It’s a big problem if you ask for a creative midfielder and get a defensive midfielder instead.
Granted, he made his bed by not registering Ozil but still.
It’s also a big problem sending out 2 players who can play LB in January and remain with one who had his fair share of injuries the past year.
Should have been doing much better with the squad regardless though.

2 Likes

Yeah but he got Odegaard in January bro, and outside of 2 games maybe it had very little impact. The guy is just a fraud and it doesn’t matter who you add to the team they will end up under performing because ultimately Arteta is the problem.

2 Likes

Right so an football365 article…facts.

Also, arteta the man who doesn’t like his base 2 midfielders attacking was planning to head into the season with.

Elneny dani xhaka and…

Thank christ we went for partey and not an inconsistent player who doesn’t know where he likes playing can’t find game time for Lyon and has 3 assists this year

Check the article made. The actual information is from L’Equipe. Fucking hell, I even mentioned it in the post. :rofl:

1 Like

Right so an l’Equipe article…facts

Who are very reliable, yes.

Hahahaha.

I feel like this chant would get us back in Europe by itself.

3 Likes

Typical flavour of the month/year player but tbh I wouldn’t mind the punt. He’s had a very decent season.

1 Like

He’s been rated highly for 2 seasons now. He also had a nice breakthrough season when he arrived in 2018.
Not your typical flavour of the month/year player. :grin:

2 Likes

The fact everyone seems to think he’s shit on here would be contrary to that

1 Like

Everyone? I’ve seen more than a few here say they like him.
Most are concerned because we don’t need another DM with how dire our football has been not because he’s not good.

1 Like

Just read through this thread it’s not even that old. Popular opinion is that he’s some Coquelin type DM which isn’t even the dude’s position in the first place. He’s getting a ton of disrespect on here from people who don’t even seem to know what type of player he is.

3 Likes

I would prefer Grealish but Bissouma is the sort of player we need.
At Brighton, under Potter, he has a manager that has give him freedom in a very attacking team but under Arteta, he might struggle.

As we’ve seen wit several of our players this season, Arteta often plays them out of position and not to their strengths, which has meant they lose form.

But it would be interesting to see him in our team alongside players like ESR, Saka and Pepe under a top manager.

1 Like

I’d be ok with both

---------Auba-----
Jack–ESR–Saka
---------Bissouma–
—Partey-----------

1 Like

We’ve been linked with him for a while though, I’ve seen people praise him in OA before.
Team isn’t doing very well currently and our football is dire more often than not. I can see why people are reacting to yet another DM so negatively. Especially with the last rumours about him costing 40m or something like that.
He’s been in the spotlight for a good while now. Natural for some people to turn on him. Happens with everyone. :sweat_smile: