Yves Bissouma

:joy::joy:

everyone that is associated with us is deemed shit to you though oh high and mighty

2 Likes

I think shit is harsh. He did alright. Had a good first half but as the game went we took control over the match and Brighton just conceded defeat.

I just want his chant.

We arenā€™t going to win anything major next season, might as well enjoy what we can.

1 Like

Nah we have some good players. Artetas managing and coaching has turned them much shittier than they really are tho tbh.

Loved that first half of him constantly looking back to the CBS to make passes instead of turning forward and looking to break lines. We also caught him in possession deep in their final third on many occasions. Like I said, heā€™ll fit right in with our current midfield.

Edit: oh and canā€™t forget about the shit untimely tackles he was making which undoudbedtly will result in plenty of red cards if heā€™s an Arsenal player

1 Like

I like him as a player but Iā€™m not sure that is the profile we need next to Partey. Iā€™d like one of the two CMs to contribute more in the final third.

I will say this. If we sign him and integrate Saliba, we will have easily the most athletic combination of CBs (Gabriel/Saliba) and CMs (Partey/Bissouma) in the league and have everything in place in theory to throw more men into attack and play higher risk, more open football. Not that I expect it to happen, but in theoryā€¦

2 Likes

Well according to Squawka, Bissouma was the only player to make 100+ tackles and 50+ interceptions in the Premier League this season:

• 104 tackles
  • 64 interceptions

He also won 227 duels.

He also has time on his side at 24!

3 Likes

He did make some really good runs and challenges in the first half. Brighton were overall not that good today. Most of what they created was down to Gabriel looking shakey early on. Natural as they didnā€™t have much to play for and already got a nice win in front of their fans against City.

I donā€™t see much point signing him with Willock, Partey and Guendouzi here so I can see where you are coming from.

1 Like

Nah he didnā€™t actually.

I think itā€™s highly unlikely Guendouzi will stay with Arteta still in charge.

As a pure destroyer I wouldnā€™t mind Bissouma here at all. The issue I think a lot of ppl are gonna have is that when he gets here he isnā€™t going to help us progress the ball at all heā€™s useless in the final 3rd, we need a true 8 not a Coq regen. Also not touching him for 30m lmaooo maybe 15 or 20.

Yeah, I think Brighton will ask for something unreasonable.
Didnā€™t they want 40m for Dunk when Leicester came calling?

We are dumb enough to pay for him thinking heā€™s a solution when heā€™d mostly just be a passenger. Weā€™ll see. We do love to park the bus tho so I see where heā€™d fit in tbh.

Who is your top centre midfield target to partner Partey out of interest?

Unrealistic, Grealish. More realistic, Locatelli. But Geundo would be the easiest solution. Problem is tho, we need to get rid of Arteta first so our midfield can be coached properly. Buendia is in with a shout too but I really donā€™t think Arteta would be successful in managing to move him from the wing to midfield. Tbh Dani and Partey should have worked if not for Arteta being fucking clueless.

My man, did you say Grealish as partner for Partey? :open_mouth:

1 Like

We donā€™t have to have such a negative team man, itā€™s sad we need to many defensive minded players on the pitch. Arteta needs to make it work.

My dream side of guys weā€™ve been linked with would look more like thisā€¦

Grealish----Partey----Guendo
Buendia-----Auba-----Saka/Partey

So either you are changing formation, or you are looking to play an attacking midfielder who thrives on the left wing or as a No.10 in a deeper midfield positonā€¦yeah great idea!

Iā€™m not adverse to a player like Locatelli, but there are probably better players for that position if we want a deep lying playmaker i.e. Aouar.

Buendia operates on the right wing or as a No.10, so donā€™t care how good the manager is, youā€™re not going to get the best out of players if you play in the wrong position.

And do you have to have a dig at Arteta in every post lol :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh and Guendo has no future at the club!

1 Like

No Iā€™m not, Grealish would replace Dani in the formation weā€™ve been playing the last few months. And u can move Partey more forward if we play with Locatelli or Guendo. Same exact way we play now when Xhaka or Elneny is in midfield.

Locatelli has played better than Aouar for a couple seasons now. Aouar has never been impressive donā€™t buy into the hype dood fell off a cliff this season heā€™s shit and the fact Arteta was after him last season just highlights this fact.

Buendia is a winger in name but spends a lot of time into the middle and his defensive work rate is really high. Heā€™s a prime candidate to be moved to central midfield, under a manager like Arsene it would be a Santi Cazorla esque transition. Under a dirt pounder like Arteta yeah ur right he canā€™t pull it off, he ainā€™t no legend.

Yes cuz heā€™s fucking trash.

Of course not dood gets into the French youth teams over Camavinga but Arteta has no use for him because heā€™s a dumb stubborn cunt :joy::joy::+1::+1: