Yves Bissouma

Why all the Bissouma hate? The guy is very good defensively, (defensive stats are also very good for the stats nerds) he’s good physically and positionally he’s always in the right place at the right time. Every time I’ve seen him play (which has been about 5/6 so not a lot) he’s been very solid and I can definitely see a place for him on our team. Can aid Partey and also probably play as single anchor if we want a more attacking midfield line up.

3 Likes

I don’t think anyone hates the player as such. It’s more that what he provides should not be the thing we address first. He’ll likely be expensive and I’d rather that money go into a midfielder who’ll score goals. Unless we’ve got a kitty with £300m in it, then fine, go for it.

7 Likes

I see Bissouma as somewhat of a Torreira upgrade, the base of midfield in 4-2-3-1 needs to be able to progress the ball, meet the technical threshold and be combative in midfield and the defensive third. In terms of the actual responsibilities of the pivot scoring goals isn’t high on my list.

The issue with Arteta is his attacking style is very scripted and rigid. Home leg against Villareal he basically relied on overloads from an additional midfielder in the final third and left Partey pretty exposed.

A proper stable midfield with a focus on winning the ball back and defensive solidarity allows the front 4 with support from FBs to do their work in the final third more effectively. We know for a fact several attacking players are not maximizing their output in terms of shots, shots on target, key passes and goals. We need to address this first because it clear Arteta tactics are suffocating.

Auba for example is missing 10+ league goals and isn’t even close to the top scorers in terms shots or shots on target.

2 Likes
1 Like

Told ya!
Football.London learned he’s a gooner last winter and they’ve been running with it for months now making people think he was an actual target this summer.
Just because we monitor the guy it doesn’t mean we’ll move for him. I think most top clubs are monitoring him.

Mikel going for the high grade stuff instead.

My manager.

1 Like

Of course we have to try and get Camavinga if there’s even the slightest chance. I just hope we sound it out early and if it’s not possible move on to Bissouma or Berge or someone willing to slum it with us.

1 Like

So we’re signing Ceballos on loan again?

1 Like

Even better than Dani. Give a warm welcome to your new starting midfielder, two time FA cup loser, Jorginho!

2 Likes

Europa League champion though. That’s the kind of pedigree we need :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Fabrizio said we aren’t talking to the boy, it’s not happening.
Calma.

3 Likes

Awesome. Can’t wait to see him play a few times, get hurt, go to AFCON, come back hurt and then help Arteta deploy our emo wiener formation to end next season on a 3-0-0 run to secure 10th.

Nothing about this transfer excites me.

1 Like

Joe the Gooner said we are tho.

2 Likes
3 Likes

LukeTheGooner > JoeTheGooner

1 Like

It’s not that discreet is it lol!

Agent Pepe :pepe2:

1 Like

But that prick commentator ok Sky Arena was saying Bissouma wouldn’t come here. :rofl:
Guy is a gooner and he’s close friends with Pepe and Gabriel.
If we come calling (we haven’t), he’ll be fully on board.

1 Like

I agree…all reports say that he is keen on a move and Gabriel and Pepe will say good things to convince him. Sky commentator was talking shit most of the match…just a bang average pundit who shouldn’t be anywhere near a microphone.

I still really rate this guy and love the idea of a Partet - Bissouma pivot.

2 Likes

You were impressed with him today? Looked pretty shit to me, so I guess he will fit right in with us next season :+1::+1:

3 Likes