Youri Tielemans

And that’s exactly what I said you doughnut.

2 Likes

Is it? I don’t know, but all the journos are saying that the market for Tielemans isn’t great and there’s been absolutely no rumours at all apart from us.

Just come off the back of a bad season as well which might have put some clubs off.

You said Tielemans favours Madrid over us and are suggesting that proof has arrived in the form of a tweet that says Madrid considered Tielemans but chose to sign someone else instead.

It’s too late to be saying this, but I’m not letting you drag me into this utter nonsense once more haha

Dude, I’m saying that I’m taking the loss, as in I was wrong. :rofl:

2 Likes

Ohhhhh for fucks fucking sake.

I’m very sorry. I am truly the doughnut. That’s why I just liked your initial post, as acknowledgement haha

3 Likes

Talented lad who still has a good number of years left in him and available for only 25m. I hope we don’t drag this deal further and get this done soon. But even if the rumours are false and we aren’t interested in him, why though? He’ll probably be a better CM partner for Partey than anyone we’ve got.

1 Like

Mods, give Jakey the tagline

3 Likes

Remember when food references were a no-no on OA.

So with the new update (Ben Jacobs):

• Arsenal have agreed terms with Tielemans
  • Arsenal put year’s worth effort on this deal
  • His dream is to play for Arsenal

Firstly, hearing this I certainly get pumped up about the prospect of him joining us as he would be extra motivated to do well here. I think if he does put the work in he could turn out an excellent signing.
Secondly, this adds more fuel to the rumours that Arsenal will come in for him later in the window. Arsenal didn’t just work on this deal for so long to just drop it unless something significant popped up like a health condition they weren’t aware about or something like that.
It’s very likely that Tielemans has assured Arsenal that he won’t sign for anyone just yet.

1 Like

I think that’s awesome news. Nice to hear a positive update.

Obviously you can’t really trust a player assuring the club on shit because I’m sure if someone else comes in at double the money he’ll drop us like a sack of potatoes, but if it allows Edu to chase other target and come back to this in two weeks than it’s all good.

1 Like

I dont get it…

If everything was agreed, how much time it takes to finalize the deal and announce it?
It wont be Edu doing the Microsoft Word typing job but the clerk/assistants/atterneys anyway. You “cement” the deal one day earlier you have one less thing to worry about.

Another positive reason to sign and announce earlier is, you give a positive sign to the players you are planning to sign moving forward. You give an impression that you are aggressive and ambitious, and building a winning team.

1 Like

That should have been an easy one dude, only way Tielemans prefers Real over us is if he’s happy playing some Spanish cup games and sitting on the bench all year and collecting winners medals.

1 Like

Have we signed this fat fuck yet?

3 Likes

He ain’t fat. He’s big boned.

1 Like

Omg they killed our transfer window

Promising because donuts are being mentioned.

1 Like

Sounds sketchy for sure… I suppose there could be something going on with LC to allow them to sign a replacement without the desperation of having lost a key player or maybe there is some crazy thing going on (I can dream) with us trying to offload Xhaka first and not wanting to make it look totally desperate attempt after clearly replacing him.

1 Like

They are interested in Eriksen for what is worth.

We aren’t signing Tielemans.

So we’re back to ST, CM and maybe a LB or winger. :weary:

1 Like