Youri Tielemans

It ain’t my money at the end of the day and it’s not been established that a total investment like that would hurt the club financially in any way

We were paying Ozil and Auba circa £350k pw with no issue and record spending in the window with poor outgoings to balance the books

I wanted this to happen but honestly was watching a comp last night and he just does everything so slowly, controlling, passing, running. Not sure if he’s actually midfield raising.

3 Likes

I wonder if this CM role is still something on our agenda. For example, the club seem to rightly be pursuing attacking signings and maybe leaving this CM role till later to see if there are any other interesting options out there.

See what spare change we have after hopefully signing the trio we are after now?

You jinxed it.

But you’re right.
#8 is a bigger priority.

Can accept another season with ESR/Martinelli on the opposite wing of Saka.

Can’t accept another season with Xhaka being a starting midfielder for Arsenal.

2 Likes

Jynxed what?

You weren’t happy if we didn’t land an #8 despite the other signings, but I’m just fooling around. :rofl:

Oh I thought you meant Tielemans. I mean yeh I’m still very much on the Tieliboi hype train- even though his price doesn’t reflect it he’s still a massive priority for me. Going to be excellent when we don’t land him or another attacking signing

1 Like

I can’t accept either and a club with big ambition wouldn’t.

Xhaka not good enough

Martinelli and ESR aren’t good enough yet, may or may not be in the future.

2 Likes

Oh god please no.

We can’t let our window get so fucking derailed now when it look some promising.

Losing out Raphinha and Tielemans will be absolutely devastating and undo all the good energy of Vieira and Jesus

The way the last couple days been going, won’t be surprised if Jesus’ girlfriend throws a tantrum she prefers staying in Manchester and doesn’t wanna move to London :joy:
Seriously though, hope these clubs stop trying to overtake our deals.

Given we were going for Raphinha then I think Vieira was the attacking CM signing to play alongside Partey and Odegaard.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t go in for Tielemans anymore. Tbh hope we go for a proper backup to Partey instead.

1 Like

Edu and Arteta were apparently able to sell Jesus on the project, let’s see if they can convince someone else.

But I agree with @Cristo , it’s a little concerning if all of the sudden our window is Jesus, Vieira and waiting for something to shake loose before the deadline. I’m just waiting for the briefing that Edu is turning his attention to departures and will revisit additions later.

4 Likes

Haven’t checked the Ben Jacobs segment on The Terrace yet, will check it later.

1 Like

I’ll take the L @JakeyBoy.

1 Like

Unless we are really not interested in Youri anymore, otherwise, it is plain stupid to play the wait game and try to lowball Leicester. Really plain stupid to think there is no one interest in him like Ode.

I’m not sure whether we’re really interested in him anymore.

The price tag is supposedly c. £25m which is really great value.

Why wait? To try and save a few million? To get the price down to £20m? Would be utterly stupid to delay and potentially scupper a transfer when the price is already affordable.

Only explanation is that the rumours are false, or he’s the 2nd / 3rd choice option.

Would still love to see him here. Amazing value if he can be got for the reported price.

3 Likes

The reports from ITKs are that we are very confident we can get this done in a day or two so we’d rather wait until later in the window and focus our time earlier on on the deals that will be trickier and have more competition (e.g. Martinez and Raphinha).

I get that logic, no need to be spending precious time on Tielemans and all the associated paperwork and getting distracted so we lose out on Martinez and Raphinha when Tielemans isn’t going anywhere.

You said Tielemans preferred us to Real. If anything this tweet suggests that you’re the one who needs to be handed an L you doughnut :joy:

3 Likes

This is so wrong