You know what really grinds my gears?

@Craigie is on 8 at the moment, going to be close (maybe this might even get ten before yours) hint hint

1 Like

Well earned likes for both of you chaps, the badges were already in the bag the moment you both posted. I’m just happy to provide a platform for two younger comedians, the stage really was set as I’ve got OA gripped with this riveting tale. I can see this one taking all twists and turns before reaching its denouement, and you can all rest assured that I’ll unveil each new installment in prose as riveting as that seen in my initial post. Man, that dialogue was really something. I plan to start a podcast with a view to one day selling the rights to Netflix to make a multi series epic that’ll rival Making of a Murderer and other greats of the true crime genre, @shamrockgooner and @Craigie will be cast as the jaded cops investigating the incident, finding that their mundane initial theories are so much less horrifying than the real explanation. I’ve been thinking of a title already. I think I’ve settled on “The Doorbell Chronicles”

It has a nice ring to it.

8 Likes

I can’t wait to see where this goes.

One of the best true sagas since we moved to the new forum

2 Likes

I won’t lie I was 85% sure @Castiel would turn up and tell us his mother was called Britney and win the likes grand prize.

2 Likes

10 Likes

I’m in. A really fucking classy version of for whom the bell tolls can be the opening theme music.

Then after it’s ridiculously successful I’ll go on speaking tours and exploit the fuck out of it.

it’s a great story Jakey and what makes it even better is that doorbells have been a theme in the last week

Someone from Avon then

It’s simply a winning mentality, which may seem strange on an Arsenal board, but it’s kept us at the top of our game for years.

3 Likes

Definitely keeping an eye on that post count/like ratio now going forwards!!

Most likely off his face drunk and mistakenly thinking he’s at his place

lol to be honest, that crim straight up punked you Jakey. Your only option to be the alpha after the police comment was to invite him inside.

But posting on OA about theoretically shooting him is close second in terms of the toughest potential response. Well done.

2 Likes

No doorbell related shenanigans last night SIIIUUUUUUU

8 Likes

When your barber goes on holiday and then decides to extend his holiday by an extra 2 weeks.

I’m flying out on Friday and my barber isn’t available to cut my hair. I’m shaking right now.

5 Likes

That is the absolute worst. Especially when you go in there fully expecting to get a trim.

What are you going to do?

I’m desperately trying to find a good barber in South/East London. Any recommendations are welcome lol

I get my haircut every week and when my barber is usually on holiday I have an average back up barber in Woolwich but I’d never use him to get my haircut before I fly out.

1 Like

I feel your pain, my last 2 haircuts have left me raging because mines fucked off and left his other guy in charge and he literally has no clue.

I need one Saturday before going away so hopefully he’s back because I makes me anxious as fuck :joy:

1 Like

Yep and that’s my fear. My barber gives me the best fades I’ve ever had so going to someone else to get an average fade and a decent shape up is going to stress me out before I go on holiday lol

Not much help as I’ve moved outside of London now but I used to get my hair cut in North London anyway, bit out of the way for you I’d imagine!

1 Like

Slight change of topic but I worked next to a London School of Barbering branch until they shut for 5 years. Used to be a cheapskate and go there for free haircuts. Basically it’s a place where trainee barbers go to get an accreditation so they need people to practice on.

The amount of money I saved was ridiculous when looking back, now I cry every time I need to visit a barbers and fork out a note.

On your original question though, sorry can’t help as not generally in that area.

1 Like