You know what really grinds my gears?

Sounds fucking horrific. I think you probably did and acted like any rational guy would.

I know I’d have masked my nerves in a situation like that too as at heart I’m a bit of a chicken and at nature you couldn’t find anyone more distant from conflict than myself (apart from slating peoples’ opinions on a football forum, muahahaha).

Tell you what, I know my lifestyle doesn’t cater to it and perhaps yours may not too. but I’ve had similar situations where people come into my parents’ back garden at night. I’ve been lucky that people either fuck off once I show my face, or once I open the door and shout something. But on the one occasion they do not, I always wonder how easier it would be to have a guard dog.

1 Like

Yeah, initially I’m thinking it’s some confused crackhead, but he’s got his North Face jacket on, adidas tracksuit bottoms, air max trainers (which I could only identify as they had reflective bits and I’m a bit of a sneakerhead). So given the circumstances the outfit screamed roadman rather than drug addict. That’s what put the shits up me the most, I’d have been far calmer if I could have just chalked it up to him being off his head and then I could have shrugged it off.

All is well though and I’m sure it’s a one off. Just got me really and unsettled and I slept awfully for the rest of the night. Sleeping with a New York Yankees junior sized baseball bat next to the bed helps though haha.

Just makes you worry for the safety of your significant other, makes you realise how vulnerable they are if you aren’t around :grimacing:

@CliftonGeraldi man I’m so glad this was a one off and not a repeated occurrence like it seems to have been for you!

2 Likes

Chavvy yoof used confuse it was super effective.

I reckon some doll gave him a fake address or some shit and it ended up at your door. Though the hard man routine is a plague across all of the UK. Probably best to not worry about it and realize a kid like that will do it to the wrong bloke some night where things will take a very Pulp Fiction turn.

6 Likes

:joy:

Yeah, I can laugh about this aspect now :grin:

1 Like

I’d have just called the police, sounds just as likely to me that he was going down the street ringing doorbells to find out which houses were empty so he could go and rob them.
At the same time, I do understand the uselessness of doing this, the police turn up and he’s either gone or they have no evidence of him doing anything illegal, and disappear again…

Sorry you’ve had to deal with this shit

I doubt he’d have stuck around for a convo if he was prospecting houses. Much more likely just a nut-job looking for company. You should have just called the police and ignored him anyway @JakeyBoy

Oh and…

Yeah I just hate it when I have to kill people over nothing :smiley: Much better when there’s a reason.

6 Likes

sorry @JakeyBoy I was just testing out different doorbells last night

16 Likes

had another 6.30 am start this morning and I actually felt amazing all day, went to bed at 10.30 and pretty much fell asleep straight away, was the best night sleep that I’ve had for ages (probably years) most likely happened because I did a 10 till 10 on Saturday and then worked on Sunday as well but I was late on sunday morning because I slept through my alarm

4 Likes

@JakeyBoy did he stay away from your house last night, did you successfully scare him away?

My doorbell actually did go off once in the night, about half midnight. Couldn’t see anyone outdoors when I got up.

Will keep you all updated on tonight. Even I’m intrigued to see where this one goes.

9 Likes

I think this is the kind of tale that ends in a wonderful friendship…

:slightly_smiling_face:

or someone’s head in a freezer.

4 Likes

the guy could just be lonely and looking to befriend Jakey, going about it in a strange way though

3 Likes

Here’s my theory. A sex worker used to operate from your apartment.

13 Likes

Or used to be a drugs den

shammy has cracked it, that actually really makes sense

Shammy is the new Vera

2 Likes

Haha, this is actually a very solid theory, ruined slightly by having met the previous occupants who’d been here for about fifteen to twenty years. If I hadn’t met them I’d have probably settled on this, no joke.

2 Likes

Makes sense. Why else would you be called Britney?

15 Likes

I hope this debunking doesn’t stop me from reaching ten likes.

2 Likes

I like how you assess the quality of your post and then accordingly set a ‘like’ target :joy:

9 Likes

I’ve put you up to 9, some hero is gunna get you to the magical 10 :wenger2:

2 Likes