You know what really grinds my gears?

That it has so much televised bruhaha around it is just another bit of evidence of the weirdness of this country.

Freaks

Out of interest, what made you move? Gorgeous district

I moved to Norway. But I do love Chiswick brilliant place, especially summertime!

1 Like

The Home Office.

Utter useless cunts.

Sick of their extortion, stupidity, lack of guidance, £2.50 a minute call rates, inability to know or explain or help anyone or anything. A total farce and a total embarrassment to this country. Given how they provide zero support it would be fairer to say we don’t even have a Home Office. Twats.

3 Likes

What makes it more infuriating is that it’s like that by design.

Thanks to queen useless cunt, our Prime Minister.

Or I guess I should say, Prime Useless Cunt

1 Like

Totally correct. Either under funded or outsourced, and designed to be deliberately labyrinthine, unusable, and hostile in order to fuck over the people most entitled to be here, i.e. commonwealth citizens, spouses, and indeed British citizens like Windrush. And then they extort money from people in the most ridiculous ways by setting up utterly pointless hurdles with fees. Hope Theresa May falls over in a wheat field and breaks both legs while a seagull simultaneously takes a shit on her.

1 Like

It gets better once you get through to them, I promise

Add local councils to that list aswell, same principle, call them, spend a fortune per minute waiting for the cunts to answer the phone, ask your question, get patched through to three further departments for the last one to tell you (in a voice that let’s you know that your being a massive inconvenience) it’s not my department can’t help you. Well fuck you, you jobsworth sack of shit.

1 Like

Dealing with them has been a nightmare. Currently all I want to do is find out if my wife’s biometric residence permit is valid or not, i.e. will she need to replace it. Impossible to know. No place to go, no person to speak to, no email option, nothing.

dealing with anything government when they are meant to help you is a fucking joke…but if you owe them money fucking hell are they bloody brilliant, bunch of pricks.

1 Like

When I press ‘1’ for English, that’s what I want. Not some pidjin variant thereof thank you very much.

Sounds like my girlfriend’s experience trying to claim benefits that she’s entitled to due to her inability to work full time for health reasons. I cannot overstate the impact trying to navigate the benefits system had on her mental (and to an extent physical) health.

Similarly to you in this thread, it fills me with rage just thinking about it. Thankfully it doesn’t sound like it was quite as bad as your partners experience, though it is hard to say.

Really sorry to hear of the difficulties you’re having mate.

4 Likes

Oh I think your partners experience is far worse. Unbelievable dealing with benefits etc. Can’t imagine what it’s like nowadays trying to obtain benefits with health issues.

We’re over the worst where I thought my wife was stranded in Europe without a valid visa to renter the country. Thankfully with much fear we ignored the Home Office and she tried to cross into the UK anyway. The border force were lovely, let her in no problem, totally ignoring Home Office rules. Now everything we need to deal with is just massive inconvenience with no help. But it’ll be ok.

2 Likes

My girlfriend has mobility issues due to her severe ME, we live in South East London and they were demanding she went for a assessment at like 9am in fucking Croydon, despite knowing exactly how difficult this was for her.

The Tories have made the system a Kafkaesque nightmare, purely because they want to discourage people from seeing it through to the end. My girlfriend is privileged in some respects, she’s very intelligent and has a great support network, I can only imagine how much worse it is for someone who doesn’t have those two advantages.

I will forever fucking despise the Tories. Despicable fucking cunts.

6 Likes

i’ve pmd you Jakey your story is like mine.

1 Like

I would imagine this is true in most areas where the government hold a heavy hand.

Agreed. There is supporting the rich by exploiting the poor, and then there is just plain cruel, punitive and nasty. And that’s the current incarnation of the Tories.

4 Likes

Just bought a German film on Amazon Prime video and the subs were out of sync. FFS. Suprisingly only took 2 mins on support chat to have a refund authorised.

Mildly annoying it takes a week to get ya dough back though.

1 Like

Yes!! I also hate it when someone in the film temporarily says something in English and then when you read the sub for that mini English sequence it isn’t totally correct.

Makes you wonder if the subs for the rest of the movie is bs aswell :joy::joy:

1 Like

Coffee machines in newsagents. People buying a drink to take home and read the paper with. Just make one you lazy sod so I dont get held up and miss my bus.

4 Likes

My Glaswegian pal got pretty pissed off (rightly) when a Scotsman being interviewed on TV had english subtitles put on the screen. Fucking laugh.:joy:

4 Likes