You know what really grinds my gears?

Men in public who don’t pull their trousers up, it’s grim, stop :grinning:

2 Likes

Whale music just got taken to a new level here.:grinning:

1 Like

Why does her size grind your gears

2 Likes

Chuggers. just please fuck off.

I did this for a very short period years back, I’ll tell you what it is a tough, thankless job. I struggled balancing the fact that it is a great revenue stream for charities with the fact that people find you deeply fucking annoying and kind of hate you.

The fact that I was quite shit at it made my dilemma easier to decide on lol

[/quote]

I hate the fact that I end up feeling like a cunt for saying no [quote=“JakeyBoy, post:86, topic:892, full:true”]

I did this for a very short period years back, I’ll tell you what it is a tough, thankless job. I struggled balancing the fact that it is a great revenue stream for charities with the fact that people find you deeply fucking annoying and kind of hate you.

The fact that I was quite shit at it made my dilemma easier to decide on lol
[/quote]

Chuggers are so annoying, especially the ones skulking around train station entrances and exits.

1 Like

I always just say no thanks have a good day and I almost always get a friendly response. They are quite annoying especially when they try to be all cheeky and matey.

3 Likes

Lol right. Like, I’m not your mate. Now stop begging/harassing me every day.

I was insulting her weight, tbh whales are generally frustrating considering the space they take up in public and they’re slow

2 Likes

I see you like small minds too. How fortunate for you.

See nothing wrong with her comment tbh or anything about that comment that is small-minded.

Well of course Mr racist/homophobic joke teller who loves telling everyone about how he repeatedly cheats on his girlfriends wouldn’t see anything wrong there haha, your morals are already in the toilet :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Wouldn’t say love, I mentioned it one time, other times I’ve probably just done impersonal defences of discreet ‘cheating’. I do have principles–not morals as I don’t believe in them, as I don’t believe in God and it’s impossible to do a philosophical justification for morals without eventually coming back to God or some form of religion and way it was mandated to be by God–they’re just a bit more complexcito than modern snowflakery. :wink:

Anyways, back to the comment, discrimination at its heart is a mental heuristic that is very human–we all use heuristics, in practically every moment of the day. If we are going to use these sort of heuristics and not combat them at every moment, probably the best one not to spend energy combatting is a discrimination against fat people, as it’s as good an indication of low culture, low health, and low intelligence as anything we can find in someone’s outward appearance. (And before people get all SJW with me, yes, I know there are plenty of intelligent fat people, I know that your aunt Susie is fat as fuck but has more culture than you can shake a stick at and has six PhDs…that’s why I said ‘indication’)

Tbf it’s true sometimes. I’m late for the sub, there’s a narrow stairway down to the station and some fat fuck is walking without a care in the world, in the middle of the stairway blocking both ways past. Either I say excuse me and get told to fuck off, or walk slowly behind this heffer and miss my trains, spending the next 10 minutes raging.

Same above applies to groups of skinny People blocking and walking slow also^^

Actually being annoyed by someone solely because of their weight isn’t being small minded? Going to have to agree to disagree on that one.

Accepting that sort of shit is why my mate’s 13 year old daughter is so afraid of being fat that she starved herself to under 6 stone and has spent over three months in hospital this year.

It might be as good an indicator as we can find, but really it’s not much of an indicator at all. There are so many intelligent people who live unhealthy lifestyles (excessive eating, no exercise, drink, drugs, cigarettes) that your theory barely holds any water.

Fat shaming/undermining others for being overweight isn’t cool. You can’t tell how healthy someone is just by looking at them. You can’t tell how much someone eats or exercises just by looking at them. You can’t tell what kind of person someone is, what their situation is, if they have a medical condition, just by looking at them.

2 Likes

Yeah u assholes they could have glandular problems!!! :grin:

On a side note I’m loving this Ultra PC faction of OA battling it out with anyone making an off color remark/joke nowadays, interesting to see.

7 Likes

You dated a racist for three years so I’d imagine your view of what counts as being ultra PC might be somewhat skewed.

@DennisTheGod is the person who imo has most strongly disagreed with the negativity about dimensionally challenged people and I seem to remember his position in the Lukaku chant discussion being far from “ultra PC”

The reality is that some people offered opinions about fat people and others offered their opinions in response, and that’s to be expected on a forum designed for people to publicly share their opinions. That’s exactly what you’re doing too, commenting on the opinions of others offered on a public forum.

1 Like