You know what really grinds my gears?

The fast food was the best thing about the US lol

1 Like

The district line grinds my fucking gears.

Constantly delayed, overcrowded and slow.

I’ve had to get the number 11 bus to work today which means I’ll be an hour late now ffs

1 Like

Central line is the worst though that line is damn near hell in the summer.

6 Likes

Yeah that line in the summer is the equivalent of a furnace

3 Likes

If I was looking for a job and one I was considering applying for required me to use the central line every day, I would seriously consider whether it was worth it haha.

Had a temp job that required me to use it, I ended up taking a different line to a different station and then walking for half an hour to get there.

4 Likes

LOL one of the main reasons I left my previous job was because I couldn’t bear the central line in the summer. I’d have to bring a change of clothes and go home in a t-shirt and shorts because I couldn’t bear the heat.

My new job is DLR + Northern Line.

3 Likes

The complete inability of my favourite lunch spot to cut a sandwich in half

Yeah I don’t miss that about living in Leytonstone fucking hell. Evil evil evil.

In fact, actually worse in winter because you’d wrap up for the cold outside then once you’re inside you’d be dying, take your overcoat and jacket and scarf off then have to hold them all in one hand as you hold onto whatever random handle you could possibly get your hand onto.

2 Likes

What gym did you use to go to when you lived in Leytonstone? I’ve trained at a couple spots around the area.

I went a few times to that proper old bruiser gym on the high street just down from matalan if you remember what it’s called? But mostly I used to cycle down through the Olympic Park then the canals and under the river to Greenwich, where I was at puregym.

Went to ravensbourne in North Greenwich so everyone lived round there mostly. Everyone I trained with lived in that area. In the summer it was bliss cycling down there tbh.

Plus I do normally dislike puregym but they did that one up and got in loads of squat racks and lifting platforms so for the price it was unmatched.

I used to train at Pure in Greenwich when I lived in Woolwich. Hated the place though haha. I think you’re talking about Raw Fitness, which is a really strong gym.

And my brother went Ravensbourne too, think that was the best decision he ever made for his life.

1 Like

How long ago are you talking? They might have changed it again but personally I enjoyed it!

Yeah I think that’s what it was. Walked in and some treadmills in the window, front desk on the left then the weights and equipment were all in the back. Dark and dingy place, you’d get big just from breathing all the tren in that lingered in the air.

There’s a gym up near me like that that I used to go to, some people find them intimidating but I always find them to be full of the nicest blokes actually. No posers no attitude just there to lift and get on with it and lend advice if needed.

What did he study at ravensbourne? I’ve got some amazing friends from t but the degree in motion graphics was a complete and utter waste of time. I learned way more from friends and made more contacts that way than the 39,000 I’m in debt now for!

I’ve seen better looking sandwiches in Siberian Gulags

8 Likes

You wouldn’t get this shoddy workmanship from a fillet o fish.

2 Likes

Lettuce sandwich on Friday? Get outta here ya schmuck!

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s a lettuce sandwich, because that’s a thing :joy:

1 Like

Haha, well it is the only evidence of substance in what looks like two slices of brown bread cut in half.

What’s in it?

What aspect is it that you so strongly object to? All you can see is bread, and its pretty nice bread lol

People are gonna love this, given :jake2:

Fish finger sandwich. Black pepper, tartare, lemon. £3.70

Tastes great and best value you’ll find in the City.

1 Like

That actually sounds rather nice lol.

1 Like