You know what really grinds my gears?

Oh man! At my old job, there’s the long bar right in the middle of the place, then to the left a seating area behind a glass partition that has full view of the whole bar area. Every month without fail this little blond shithouse cunt of a kid about five years old would come to the bar and shout at me in his loudest voice “give me chocolate brownie, give me chocolate brownie, give me chocolate brownie, give me chocolate brownie” fuckijg pissed me right off. Worse than that is behind said glass partition are his parents just letting him behave like this and smiling at me like I’m finding it funny.

No, Sharon and Martin, your kid isn’t cute, and if I wasn’t working here he’d have been thrown in the open fire by now you absolute fucking scumbags.

2 Likes

Gio:

A&W now pushing what they call “plant-based burgers”. Fuck sake, it’s a veggie burger or some such shit. Excuse me, but I’m a carnivore, stick your veggie burgers up your arse.

Oh yea, and that fucking root beer shit. Smell reminds me of when the teams ran out at Highbury and you were close enough to the tunnel to catch a whiff of the liniment or horse-oil the players used to slather on their legs.

1 Like

Haha that root beer I accidentally got once it was awful, you in Canada then I take it, or just visited there? And you not a fan of a&w at all?

Yep, in Edmonton. A&W proper burgers are okay, but their onion rings used to be so much better than anyone’s. They changed the recipe or something.

1 Like

Oh I didn’t know we had anyone based in Canada on here. You canadian then or moved, since you mentioned Highbury?

What’s Edmonton like, I loved Calgary, visited Banff but want to see jasper and would be easier to go from Edmonton obviously!

Yeah, been here almost 40 years:astonished: Similar size to Calgary, easier to get around. Less cowboy culture here - pretty much none, more arts slanted. We’re called ‘festival city’ - virtually one after another in the Summer. Jazz, Blues, Folk, Fringe, Street Performing, etc.

We’re further from the mountains than Calgary (about a three hour drive). Jasper’s nice, a bit quieter than Banff.

Are you in Philly, then?

2 Likes

No I’m actually in Yorkshire. Fell for a girl who moved to Calgary so stupidly visited her. Loved the place regardless. Just like hockey and the flyers! Picked up a flames jersey obviously and a Canada one too.

1 Like

Managing people.

Fucking does my head in that I seem to be obliged to treat people with a level of courtesy and respect that is not shown in return. Need my manager to let me off the leash so I can show some of these motherfuckers what time it is.

They won’t know what fucking hit them when I approach the situation like Jakey Boy on OA at about 10pm on a Friday night. No fucking prisoners taken.

13 Likes

:slight_smile: Fell for a Yorkshire lass myself - from Rotherham. Still with her after 48 years.

2 Likes

Another one that irks me; people who can’t meet at scheduled times. I’m not talking about +/- 10%. I’m talking a good half hour late.

Do I have to get to know people and learn their characteristics to a point where I know 6pm =6.30pm which will realistically = 6.45pm

Commiserations, mate. My bro-in-law is a classic case of that.

1 Like

Jack in the Box? Seriously? I don’t know about Canada, but we have many names for it here, Jack in the Crack. Ass in the Box. Terrible, terrible food. Just stay away from fast food when you come to the US. It’s universally atrocious. The are a few here and there that don’t give me the raging shits, but not many.

I tend to ask the locals where they eat. Or find a little hole in the wall with a lot of cars parked out front.

People at work who heat up fish in the microwave at lunch time.

Fucking cunts should be lined up in front of a wall

7 Likes

Do you have a problem with microwaved fish? :jake2:

3 Likes

Who the fuck even eats microwaved fish

7 Likes

Just saying the words ‘microwaved fish’ makes me vomit in my mouth a little.

4 Likes

in a way allow it if you hate it so much guess what one of these days they will be visiting the hospital doing that…and you can sit there with an evil shit eating grin thinking serves you bastards right.

I loved it haha I must have something wrong with me or got lucky when I was there! InNOut was good tbh! But your kfc McDonald’s and Burger King are absolute trash

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you’ve ranted about this before, no?

I mentioned it like a month ago :joy::joy:

Dood u are smoked out af homeboy @Gio is 100111!!+11% correct. Jack in the Crack is DANKKKK

They only serve these after 10pm, but they hit the spot when ur drunk af, or high (presumably I don’t smoke) :joy::joy: oh and also the tacosss :giroud2: :giroud2:

Plus their commercials are the best and I buy fast food based upon whichever spot has the funniest commercials, its fail safe 🖒🖒

3 Likes