You know what really grinds my gears?

Steve Mcmanaman as a commentator. Roy Keane as a pundit. David prutton as a player and presenter…

1 Like

And in the interest of fairness, Lee Dixon as a commentator. Sorry Lee, but cheer up!

1 Like

Was grocery shopping at a store this evening and helped an old man get up as he slipped. And as I was doing so, heard a teenager guy a couple feet away from me whisper SJW(which apparently means social justice warrior in a derogatory way) and his friends laughing in agreement. Really starting to worry for the future of humanity.

5 Likes

doesn’t even make any sense in the context of helping someone

5 Likes

Think they just wanted to have a go at me for helping someone and used their favourite terminology out of context, which is equally sad.

4 Likes

Despite having a vast open-plan kitchen-dining-lounge living space, my Roomba (who I have lovingly named “Supermassive”, on account of his ability to suck everything up in its wake) always wants to do the bit of space where I am occupying…

Making espresso - the fuck out out of my way human!
Cooking at the stove - excuse me bipedal asshole!
Playing video games - I’m cleaning here. Git gud noob!

1 Like

People wasting my time on conference calls talking about their favorite NFL team.

When someone says Akss instead of Ask!

8 Likes

When people pronounce mischievous as “mischievious”

2 Likes

People who can’t spell vacuum.

1 Like

The word ‘aplomb’

A stupid fucking word that exists only in the football vocabulary. More specifically to describe how a player might successfully convert a goal scoring opportunity.

Any commentator using this cliche is as bad as a pundit who pluralizes individual players by way of expression, as in ‘your David Beckhams, your Kieran Tierneys, your Gus fucking Caesar’s’

Absolute cuntery.

4 Likes

Would it help if it was used more in general conversation?

1 Like

Everyone’s all of a sudden expertise on pressures at depth, pressure measurements such as bar/psi/atm, submarine build quality and the engineered strength of 5" thick carbon fibre tubular structures.

3 Likes

Everyone except the CEO :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

It’s like the Winter Olympics when everyone becomes an expert at some obscure event that no one has ever been bothered about before, just because a competitor from the GB team has reached the quarterfinals of the curling or luge.

1 Like

A lot of people seem to find this annoying but it’s basically saying “players that are in this category [insert relevant player names]”. I’ve never really had an issue with it personally.

Public transport in Glasgow everyone… Be hard to find a country with worse public transport than Scotland.

That surprises me as would have thought the SNP would have invested huge money into public transport. although suppose it is the City Council responsible for this?

Ticketing websites. Fuck them all.

Logged on this morning to get tickets for the Foo Fighters in either Cardiff or London, 2 destinations across 3 dates, logged. In at 8.30, que started at 8.45, not got past the que page once, my sister, logged din after me and has got through 4 fucking times!!! 4 fucking times! She’s sortedy tickets but fuck them all, cunts!!!

Yeah the queue has always been random. You’re not literally queuing up in the order you got there. I always have more success going on once they actually go on sale rather than waiting in the virtual waiting room.