You know what really grinds my gears?

As long as you’re aware that Conservative Mayor Boris Johnson introduced plans for the ULEZ and Sadiq Khan pressed on with them once he took office.

Fucking Tories and their movement taxes.

Hmm perhaps the only bit I disagree with.

Alexis looked washed towards the end of his tenure with us. Ozil looked like he had a bit of juice left, but even that was a false dawn.

In essence, that big money whopping contract could have gone towards transfer funds for another, better hungrier player

Like I’ve said before the only difference between tories and labour is one can tell what a woman is. Other than that same stupid polices since Blair was office. The tories the party who is chasing net zero, internet harms bill, misogyny laws, high tax and etc. you would not be wrong to think that it’s a progressive party with those polices

Edit: i forgot basically open borders

1 Like

As long as you are aware that labour will completely destroy the country then carry on.
They’ll stop man , business from leaving for work to provide for their families.
Obviously rather selfish on their part .
Still , never mind .
Those who voted for them can’t complain can they especially when it’ll cost them over a months wages each year just to travel to work.
A party for the working man ! Ummmm

1 Like

Glad to see we’re steering clear of wild hyperbole.

I think your there in the hyperbole ULEZ :laughing:

1 Like

Back in my day you just killed a penguin before you got in your car and drove to work, it’s just what was done. These days people just make up any old law and people go along with it. Next you’ll be telling me it’s not ok to hunt sabre tooth tigers for their tusks.

I must agree with you there !
I mean , there’s a lot of tigers with tusks .
:joy::joy:

Tigerphant :joy::joy:

1 Like

So you’re not concerned at all about the environment or about air quality in London and the severe impact this has on the health of Londoners?

What actually evidence is there of this ?
What happens if the wind gets up and disperses this ‘ bad air quality’
They are saying that people who are heating their houses with wood burners are causing more damage?
Cars have such strict emissions limits now the bad fumes are being cut dramatically.
It’s a difficult one to address, we all want a cleaner environment but stopping families from travelling isn’t one of them .

The evidence in terms of air quality isn’t in dispute and less affluent people are more affected in London than people better off. Air quality has a serious impact upon life expectancy and has to be addressed. The idea that you can’t get around without a private car in London is pretty ridiculous.

If you just drive around entirely within London do you still get a daily charge?

Most cars built in the last 10 years or so don’t even pay it.

3 Likes

Ah I see. It’s one of those taxes.

If your car is shit and you are due to pay it then…daily or is it an entry/exit thing?

I think it’s 12 quid a day or something. It’s basically to stop people driving cars like my last shitheap that killed a polar bear every time you turned the ignition.

2 Likes

It seems ironic that a Labour mayor would bring in a tax that punishes working class people who have to drive into London to work.

It’s made worse because the only way to avoid this tax is to buy a new car or van and if you can’t afford it, you’re stuffed.

2 Likes

That is the serious downside. There should be an exemption for people on low incomes who live in London.

Unfortunately Labour in its current form doing something that punishes the working class isn’t surprising at all.

1 Like

There’s also the question of whether it’s actually more environmentally friendly to scrap a car and buy a new one, rather than driving it until the old one for longer.

All the emissions produced/resources used in building that new car.
Appreciate this tax is specifically for impact on London air, and for some highly polluting cars a new car would be better anyway

1 Like

You can tell walking around London that the air reeks. Come back out t’country and you’re breathing that dank, 69 420 OG O2.

4 Likes