You know what really grinds my gears?

The websites that if you don’t accept all the cookies, gives you pages of them you can reject individually, but gives no option to reject all. :expressionless:

Old lady who lives near by was upset today. Asked her what’s the matter. Some gobshite taxi driver claiming he wasn’t allowed to help her with 2 bags of shopping.
Health and saftey issues allegedly. The woman’s 81 ffs.
What sort of gobshite refuses a lady the lift up of 2 carrier bags.

7 Likes

That reminds me, I used to be a bus driver years ago, and one of our routes was quite small and went into some rural areas.
When I was on this route, I used to pull up outside old peoples houses, rather than the actual bus stops, and help them in, if they had lots of shopping.

However, one day I got called into the managers office and was reprimanded as someone had complained about me doing it…What a sad world we live in…

14 Likes

I love phone calls and respond to texts as soon as I see them. My problem is I have to silence my phone during work and forget to turn sound back on.

1 Like

Even more sad that your manager chose to reprimand you! Instead of giving you deserved praise for being a role model, something that the company definitely would benefit from. Sad world indeed.

2 Likes

Shopping for a suit. Got a wedding tomorrow and can’t find a single suit that I actually like. On my way to Oxford Street now for one last hurrah otherwise I’m not sure what I’ll do lol

1 Like

Did you work with Blakey?

2 Likes

The firework cunts. I’ll be hearing fireworks outside till January now

2 Likes

Was going to say this, fucking dickheads man. It’s like all night as well, how fucking excited can you get over fireworks that you got to do it 4/5 hours straight every night? I swear some sound like fucking gunfire

4 Likes

Would they not spend their money on drugs or something useful ffs.

2 Likes

Always bothered me, it’s one of those things where people know they’re going to be nuisance but pop them off anyway.

Odd dynamic

3 Likes

In my opinion the public shouldn’t be allowed to buy them.

Its fucking weird how you can buy some fireworks with a pint of milk and loaf of bread

3 Likes

You can’t buy them here. Makes no difference whatsoever.

2 Likes

Yeah I got the same opinion let them local councils put on a display for guy Fawkes and for other various religious occasions. That way it can happen at a designated place at a certain time. Will be a lot safer and cause way less disturbance.

A couple of years ago a neighbour ended up setting his entire roof on fire I’m talking the whole top part of the house up in flames. Luckily it didn’t spread, but was it worth it?

6 Likes

This urban myth amongst the semi urban football fans that Arsenal’s future is looking positive under Arteta. I still hear it now days, in fact I literally heard it today, and it makes my ears bleed.

6 Likes

Organising anything with your mates when you’re in your 30s.

Good fucking lord. I mean I’ve become a fucking expert at it but god almighty it’s like pulling teeth and herding cats at the same time.

Somehow I’ve managed to get 8 out of 11 from my friendship group from Uni together for a weekend trip to Somerset in December, one of them is flying in from Denmark even lol

4 Likes

Even a whatsapp video call is tough.

You’re so spot on with this one lol

1 Like

This is why it’s easier when you just don’t have friends

2 Likes

True

Honestly I’ve spent the entire evening last night and the evening so far getting it organised but it’s more or less all confirmed just waiting for a yes from one guy that yesterday he could make it and then we’re booking it in tonight!

1 Like