You know what really grinds my gears?

What’s your actual issue with phone calls then? I was fully with you until you said Facetime is much better. For me, facetime is much much worse, it’s an even bigger intrusion and demand being made on me than a phone call.

6 Likes

I much prefer being able to see someone when I talk to them and even then, it’s rare for me to even want to take a FaceTime it’s just on the rare occasion that I do take a phone call I would prefer to be able to look at someone. Just feels more personal in a way that I don’t know if I can describe more lol

1 Like

Sorry you pussy only trying to sort flights out :smirk::joy:

I do fully Agree though

Somewhat related to the above, I hate people who don’t respond to messages for days, especially when you’re trying to organise something.

Pisses me off even more when you’re doing that person a fucking favour, for example checking if they need a lift and therefore whether I need to take a 30 minute detour to collect them. If you don’t respond then fuck you, walk there you bellend.

There’s somebody I know who is the absolute worst for this. What makes it even more irritating is when said person wants a quick response from me about something…they’ll then complain I didn’t respond within 3 seconds of their message! Hellooooooooo, self-awareness called and said you’ve missed ten years of alimony payments FUCKER

15 Likes

And those people are ironically the ones who constantly have their heads buried in their phones

2 Likes

:joy::rofl: I got hundreds of messages and calls I still haven’t responded to. I usually respond late like sometimes a day or two on occasion a couple of weeks, even been cases of months before I respond. Unless my wife messages me, in which case I respond before she even sends it :joy: It’s become my thing, with out me even making it that way.

9 Likes

I prefer msgs so you can get back whenever you’re ready, unless a desperate reason and something has to be sorted right away phone calls annoy me also.

3 Likes

Yeah there’s just so much pressure in a phone call to address any and everything when it’s made.

I like to do shit in my own time. As I’ve gotten older I’ve appreciated just taking life at my own pace more.

WhatsApp, Instagram and iMessage notifications are off. Phone calls only get answered when they’re important.

If it isn’t of huge urgency and importance I just put it to the side until I’m ready.

6 Likes

“So I got me an office, gold records on the wall.
Just leave a message, maybe I’ll call.”

What’s the song? S’okay, you won’t win fuck all. When you’re ready.

Relatable :ozil:

1 Like

I find it also much more convenient and easier to gather my thoughts and write them down and send to a person then talking on the phone, where thoughts wander around and I am looking at the ceiling while someone rambles on.

In fact, I literally think any type of communication is quicker, easier and more succinct done in a quick message.

Someone wants to hang out? Text me the date and address and I’ll be there.

Don’t fucking call me and I then need to remember what is said, write it down and spell it wrongly if it’s a new place with a fucking stupid name.

2 Likes

It’s a Joe Walsh one. Can’t think of the title.

1 Like

It’s Joe Walsh or The Eagles.
Great song.

1 Like

Same here. Much prefer checking my messages when convenient to me, rather than my phone demanding me too look at it. Notifications off, silent mode enabled like 90% of the time too.

5 Likes

Same here, I basically have my phone on mute 24/7. Only for my wife and kids numbers the buzz is enabled.

3 Likes

Ads and cookies notification on mobile sites, you can’t read shit and you end up closing the site.

9 Likes

Oh god yes every time ^.

HEY LOOK HERE ITS NOT OPTIONAL
I CARE ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY
ALL OVER YOUR SCREEN, HEEEY
YOU, HERE, LOOK AT MEEEEE

I run like 3 blockers and have two additional scripts as buttons in my browser, if I visit a new site for the first time and none of them gets rid of all that shite I close the tab and nothing can make me change my mind.

Invasive online cancer is the worst, a modern plague lol

10 Likes

Completely agree, we’re at the point now where ad blockers are like putting a bandaid on a bullet wound and even the most reputable of websites ask you to remove it like dogs pleading in the streets for scraps.

We seriously need a new internet designed. Though as it stands now you either pay for everything you want to browse or you try to navigate these advertisement plagued websites for free. The days of the internet being a free peer to peer source of unlimited information feel completely dead, may as well just get on with it and privatise everything.

3 Likes

I think they’re required by law to ask for cookie permission or w/e but it’s gone too far, especially if you’re on your phone, it covers your entire screen.

When a site smoothly slides up a tiny strip of text at the bottom that says “can we store cookies [y] [n]” I often reward them with a yes just out of genuine hatred for the people who design most other sites.

1 Like

I feel like a lot of them have misinterpreted the law too. You absolutely don’t need to hit me with the same bullshit every time I visit your site. If you’re gonna store the cookie store the cookie you motherfucker!

2 Likes