You know what really grinds my gears?

A DJ on the radio playing Mariah Carey AIWFCIS to mark 100 days till Christmas Day.

Get in the sea

This is why we don’t listen to Radio 1, Calum :sweat_smile:

haha nah I dislike commercial radio

Go for Radio 2 then. Much better music.

I really don’t understand how the radio is still a thing. It’s 60% advertisements, 30% inane talking and 10% music.

2 Likes

No I am not middle aged yet.

I like all the dj’s on radio 1 aswell :joy: how did you know it was R1 I had on btw?

@Castiel Just listening to music would bore me to death haha. I need some talking aswell :joy:

Educated guess based on you being a Radio 1 fanboy :sweat_smile:

And I’ve been listening to Radio 2 since I was about 18 :rofl:

1 Like

There’s never a good time for that fucking song.

3 Likes

Aggressive drivers.

I invested in an electric bike. I like it, I enjoy riding it and it cuts down my journey time significantly as I found the traffic and random road closures so overwhelming I resented driving.

I’ve been driving for over a decade. So given my years of experience of driving I pretty much know what not to do as a cyclist because it would piss me off if I was driving. I avoid dangerous manoeuvres and largely am completely adherent to road rules.

So about 10 minutes ago I’m cycling through Angel. The traffic light ahead is read and I want to turn right (it’s a right turn only for buses and cycles). I signal to cut into the right turn lane with a big van behind me and the guy driving decides to slam his foot down and speed up to not give me way when not only was that the more difficult thing for him to do he was just being an outright cunt.

So I hopped off my bike and approached his door and asked him why he sped up. He flat out denied it, saying he was doing the speed limit. But doing the speed limit so close to a red light is illogical anyway.

I told him straight, you wouldn’t be man enough to jump out your van and talk to me so don’t ever do something like that again and like the coward he was he rolled his window up. And the problem is I live by the mantra that whatever energy you give to people it has to be genuine and not an act. So if you wanna be aggressive me on the road then be aggressive with me when I pull up next to you.

I never lose my temper with idiots like this but the reality is it’s dangerous driving and it’s just cunt behaviour. Whenever I drove I was always as considerate of other drivers as possible

I hate aggressive drivers because 95% of the time you’re doing it for the sake of being a cunt and being inconsiderate to other road users. This same prick would have blamed me if he sped up and hit me unnecessarily.

10 Likes

Funnily enough, I was just going to post about bbc radio and newsbeat in this thread.

That awful shite really grinds my gears.

1 Like

Newsbeat is basically news for children. I don’t know why but it really annoys me so much more than it should when they explain really basic shit. Like

“Boris Johnson has called a general election. A general election is where you vote for who you want to be the prime minister.”

6 Likes

are you thinking of newsround haha thats the childrens one

1 Like

Nah newsbeat is like that, but they have these awful accented Tory cunts beaming propaganda into these moronic music listener’s ears.

Sadly it’s not just kids that need things like that explaining… :joy:

2 Likes

Worse thing is I’ve seen drivers speed up when there are people miles away about to cross the road, just so it makes the pedestrians think twice. Also what’s with drivers rushing to get to a red light, you’re not going anywhere pal. Absolute scum these type of drivers.

9 Likes

When people aren’t on my level in a sporty way. I’ve been at Centre Parcs this week. And honestly I’ve felt like I’m Olympic level and my family are OAPs in a community centre on a Thursday morning level.

I’m quite competitive. The most annoying thing is some of them don’t even try or they think it’s funny to be bad. No. We have to pay for pretty much every activity. Only swimming is included in the price of the stay. I’m not paying to play tennis, badminton, bowling etc to not even be challenged.

Played doubles at badminton. My cousin was on my side, but she might as well have sat on one of the sofas round the side of the court. I was a one woman team. And I still won. It was too easy. Why bother playing if you’re just going to be shit?! Go pay to do hair braiding or some shit instead.

7 Likes

Stay humble champ

5 Likes

Went barbers yesterday. Got a fucking sensational trim I legit left the barbers feeling like a 10/10. Went round the corner to grab my bike that I spent a small fortune on because it’s electric and some cunt stole it.

Not only did they steal it, they really left my lock on the railing in perfect positioning.

I spent hours walking around Finsbury Park trying to find them. I just wanted to catch them on my bike so I could tell them it’s a nice bike and ask them where they got it from before I stuck my fucking key in the bike battery box to let them know it’s my fucking bike.

Fuming. Had to order another one because it wasn’t insured but that taught me a lesson to NEVER park my bike out of sight again lol

Some nitty is probably riding around North London in my bike right now not knowing it’s worth a good amount of money and he’s probably trying to sell it for a pinky.

9 Likes

That is so shit. People are so scummy. It’s nice that you can just afford to buy another though. And also, the lesson here isn’t to “never park out of sight”, it’s to insure your bloody expensive bike!

Probably sold it for a line.

1 Like

Scum.

What kind of lock do you use mate? If it is a generic cheap one you might as well not lock your bike at all. A general rule of thumb regarding bike security is to spend about a third of the bike’s worth on a lock (preferrably two locks). Which is kind of shit when you’ve spend a good deal of money on the bike itself but refer back to the first word of this post.

Keep in mind that even a sophisticated and expensive lock is only going to do as much as slow down the scum with 30 seconds up to a minute, it isn’t going to stop them from stealing it if they intended to do so. But 30-60 seconds is a long time in the world of stealing and a big decision-making factor when someone sees it and decides whether to nick it or not.

5 Likes