You know what really grinds my gears?

Boiler literally went kaput a couple of Saturdays ago. Showering with a bucket of hot water (heated the kettle three times) and a measuring jug to lather the water over myself gave me some real first world problems for a couple of days :tierney2:

Had to get a new boiler as mine was 21 years old and they stopped making parts for it over 10 years ago. Easy £3K gone down the drain hehehe

:laca:

5 Likes

Trying crossing in retail parks. Ridiculous set ups.

1 Like

Right now, Arsenal fans.

1 Like

We’re not doing this.

4 Likes

Unskippable YouTube ads. Cheeky fuckers are throwing up 2 in a row now. I won’t get YouTube premium fuck off!!!

9 Likes

Boris Johnson and how he always looks like a sack of shit, fucking embarrassment.

YouTube premium is the best money I have ever spent. Im using it for podcasts and music aswell. I could never go back to the adfest of non premium YouTube.

3 Likes

I’m not paying £10 to just remove adverts. Plus I have Spotify for podcasts

It’s genuine luxury. I couldn’t stand the price of it for ages but I finally called and realized it the best money I’ve ever spent on a subscription. You have your cooking recipes, gym work outs, meditation, stories and podcasts. And as you said YouTube music which isn’t perfect but it’s nearly as good as Spotify.

For £11 a month it is far more important to me than my Netflix, PSN or audible subscription and is similar to Prime in terms of value.

Can’t say how it holds up to a subscription with The Athletic though as I wasn’t silly enough to waste my money on it.

1 Like

YouTube music is fucking shite. What they did with Google Play Music was a fucking travesty.

But I’m stuck with it because I can’t go back to ad-filled YouTube unfortunately.

1 Like

Why do you think it’s shite, I used Spotify for about a year prior and personally I don’t find a huge difference.

When I waste time by getting stuck on a youtube binge…

Somehow been watching film clips for the last hour. Currently on Smokey & The Bandit…

" The fact that you are a sheriff is not germane to the situation…"
“The God-damn Germans got nuttin to do wid it”

Audio quality is a tad lower than Spotify. But i can live with that.
I love the recomendation algorithm a ton. I basically just press play one a tune that I love and an endless stream of banger after banger will follow.

The radio stations, the UI, the functionality of uploading your own music and it meshing perfectly with the streamed library is miles off Google play music (I don’t want it to be separate libraries ffs!)

The fact that there are so many songs that aren’t there (which is usually fine because you’d be able to upload them yourself and mesh it before, but now you can’t because - see above)

I’m surprised people use youtube music lol thought everyone used Spotify or Apple Music :joy:

Do you get that included in your premium YouTube?

That is a decent deal tho tbf

I don’t listen to the radio so that’s no problem for me, I don’t upload my own music either as that defeats the purpose of using a streaming platform for me and I listen to just about every genre of music known to man and haven’t had difficulty finding a song too often in my two or three years of use.

I do agree the UI isn’t as polished as say Spotify but once again it doesn’t really bother me because I just throw a track or playlist on cast it through my car speakers or google home. As for the Play thing yeh that’s caused me some trouble in the past trying ot make my google home pick up my specified playlists but outside that I’ve never once wanted to use Google play music so that doesn’t bother me. They clearly want Youtube music to be their main music platform so they should just kill of Google Play music and put the resources into Youtube Music - I read somewhere that was their plan anyway.

One huge benefit over any other music streaming platform is you can like a music video on YouTube and it goes directly into your YT Music playlist, absolutely awesome when you like to use both religiously.

11 quid for this plus all the many, many benefits you get on YT videos or 9.99 for Spotify/Amazon Music etc. Absolute no brainer for me.

1 Like

@Castiel is google shill confirmed.

4 Likes

They have killed it off.

So basically it works perfectly for you, but as you can see my needs are a little different and you can see how they are not catered too.

But as I say, I’m stuck because I’d would happily switch to Apple music if it wasn’t for YouTube premium.