You know what really grinds my gears?

Ordering an uber eats burger at 1940 and it still hasn’t arrived at 2044.

4 Likes

Was Uber a thing in the 40s?

7 Likes

leleleeleleeleleleeleleeleleleeleleleele
leleleel
elelele
eleelelele
elelelelelele

1 Like

:xhaka:

And you say I’m not funny

4 Likes

It’s arrived and I’ve devoured it.

1 Like

But was it still warm and did u get fries too?

1 Like

Yes, we need details Oz.

Did they apologise?

Did they forget anything?

Burger was warm lads and it was good, getting extra cheese added was a godsend.

No apology so they get a minimal tip though.

Yes I did get fries so it was a pig out night, the fries did suffer from not being as warm as they should.

I felt I deserved a pig out after a dentist appointment during the day getting a teeth scale and clean, we all know how much fun a day at the dentist is.

7 Likes

Okay so I just woke up for my day here and had the worst night sleep ever. I have no clue why, but I kept waking up about once an hour all night long, didn’t even have to use the restroom, I’ve never slept that shit in my life, and now I have about 6 hours of zoom meetings to sit through. Bruh :expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

5 Likes

6 hours is good. When My insomnia was at its worst I would routinely get around 0-3 hours of shit disgusting sleep a night for a good 3 months. Your body gets used to cope and funktion on little sleep so its doable to get tru a work week.
If ur sleep keeps being shite ive got some good techniques to get it back up to business.

4 Likes

If you’ve got nothing on your mind, you’ll sleep wonderfully well tonight. Friday night going into Saturday morning sleeps are the best!

2 Likes

Can beat this. I ordered a takeaway at 19.47 and it still hasn’t arrived at gone 9pm :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

How was it?

Isn’t this basically your own fault for living in the middle of nowhere? :grin:

Arrived at 9.22pm. I was very hangry by that point. But it was still good.

@shamrockgooner my castle isn’t that remote

My 2 weeks leave is coming to an end and you know what grinds me gears. People that say “ Even if I had enough money I wouldn’t retire, what would I do with myself “. Fuck out, I’d happily retire if I could financially retire and wouldn’t bat an eyelid.

8 Likes

Yeah, I could easily do fuck all every day. Would be able to do some damage to my Netflix/Disney/Amazon watch list :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Recruiting/shortlisting.

I’m hiring someone on a six month contract for mat cover. It’s a predominantly home based role, which opens it up to a huge number of potential candidates. Which on one level is great, of course, as there’s nothing worse than having nothing but shit candidates for a vacancy.

Last time we recruited in autumn I had 110 applications in total for a permanent position after advertising the role for 14 days, and the shortlisting process was absolutely horrific, it took fucking forever and it was seriously hard work making sure app 110 got as fair a shake as application no 1 did.

This role is also being advertised for 14 days, and it went live on Thursday, but I was on leave for the end of the week. I came in this morning to find 114 fucking applications had already been made in the first 4 days of the 14 day period! An additional 16 have come in during the day so far too.

Can already tell I’m going to go absolutely potty getting nothing else done for weeks because I’m spending my days reading the same old cliches over and over and over and over and over again.

Thoughts and prayers would be appreciated, thanks.

7 Likes

You looking for anyone who can “build on that experience in a professional zone or sphere”

3 Likes