You know what really grinds my gears?

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

The lack of irony in people when the Band Aid song gets played. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Too many adverts on YouTube.
They’re ruining it.

1 Like

ad blocker?

1 Like

That’s a good idea, I might have to try that.

1 Like

Solicitors, specifically conveyancing solicitors.

We’re trying to purchase a house, and literally everything is organised/done apart from the solicitors’ work.

We’ve had the formal mortgage offer, had the property survey report, confirmed dates the sellers are happy to move out (no chain).

We signed up with them over 2 months ago and since then they’ve done nothing but palm us off, given no idea what the hold up is or any timescale for moving forwards.

Every time I phone up the person is “on the other line”, they haven’t responded to any emails from either me, my partner, or the estate agents.

Managed to get hold of them around 4 weeks ago at which point all of the searches had supposedly been completed but they couldn’t give us a timescale for getting the report on then sent to us. Still haven’t received this bloody report, and I found out today they haven’t raised any enquires on the searches and have been ignoring all of the sellers’ solicitors emails asking for them.

We told them when we signed up we wanted a pre-Christmas move which we were told was perfectly reasonable, and have never been told this wouldn’t work (until recently). Have now tried to get them to commit to an early January completion but not really getting anywhere.

Worst of all, we haven’t even had any kind of apology or explanation, it is absolutely infuriating!

In contact with the office manager now but still don’t seem to be getting anywhere.

Rant over.

10 Likes

Know exactly what you’re going through. Same thing happened to me. Nearly lost the house I was buying because the seller wanted to put it back on the market due to waiting so long. Took nearly a year from making an offer to actually exchanging contracts, and about 90% of the hold up was because I managed to find the slowest solicitor in Hertfordshire.

3 Likes

I use YouTube nearly every day, I eventually snapped and bought the premium edition. It’s expensive but absolutely worth it as it completely changes your user experience when they remove the adverts.

2 Likes

Yep, same here. Whole process was drawn out and stressful af

That is mad.

I’m an accountant so I felt like the work I do and clients I look after shouldn’t be that dissimilar from solicitors, but no-one I work with would treat a client the way they’ve treated us.

Once this is all out of the way I’ll see how far I can get with a complaint…

1 Like

Sounds like you should be threatening with the Legal Ombudsman and cancelling the deal/moving to another solicitor.

That is some grade A bullshit that could all have been avoided by them just being open and communicating with you if they were having issues due to covid backlogs etc.

1 Like

I had a few problems with my conveyancers when I moved and i kept all the emails in case there was a problem.
Then after we’d moved I told them I was going to report them to the Law Society unless they reduced their fee.
They replied straight away and said they weren’t going to charge me anything.

I won’t go into the boring details but they were a complete shambles.
But what clinched it was when they sent me an invoice by mistake, which should have gone to another customer, and it had some of his personal information on it.

All you need to know about lawyers is: if they’re lips are moving, they’re lying.

It’s a fucking racket and they are a bunch of cunts.

3 Likes

Mate, I took over 4 months to complete and funny enough I just moved in today (we exchanged on Friday last week).

Our conveyancing solicitor was and is a friend and I have learnt that lesson to never take a friend on for a professional job ever again.

On a positive note, I know from my experience and from my friends’ experiences too that you’ll find it suddenly all happens very quickly on a day when you’ve pretty much given up any hope and from that point the whole thing happens pretty swiftly!

3 Likes

Going through the this with mine currently too.
Bought a new build, put a plot deposit down in July, had a survey done (bearing in mind the thing wasn’t even built by that point but still charged me £200 for a survey, thanks Halifax :+1:), then an offer at the end of August.
I’ve only just transferred the deposit today for exchange of contracts tomorrow, not for want of chasing aswell.

The fat fuck keeps blaming Covid, I don’t see how that matters seing as you’re in office anyway you tepid fuck.
So frustrating but at least it’s pretty much there now.

1 Like

Pardon my ignorance, but how do they bill you? Is it by the hour, the month, the job?

The escrow process in some states can be a bit much here. Both the houses I’ve bought took less than a month to complete the sale. Getting financing is more difficult than the contract.

The one we’ve gone with is a fixed fee for the job, but a number of the ones we looked at were hourly.

When did you have your offer accepted out of interest mate?

Can’t remember exactly, middle of September?

1 Like

I had mine accepted 8th Aug and I completed today. On that basis I have my fingers crossed for you on an early Jan date!

It’ll happen mate just chase them and don’t work yourself up on it too much! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like