Yannick Ferreira Carrasco (and a load of other irrelevant shite)

If they play hardball I’d get in Fraser’s ear and have him set up to come in on a free next season.

Foreigner or not a player’s loyalty is non-existent if they perform and get other better options. Arsenal had a bunch of foreigners who remained here for 5+ years.

I really hope this doesn’t drag on all summer the way it dragged on all January.

2 Likes

Just hoping he isnt a massive diva cunt. We need grit, determination and workrate to take us forward in dark times like these.

1 Like

Wondering if he’s gonna be the only winger coming in? :thinking:
There is also the possibility of Nelson trying to pressure us next season for more game time.

Going to be new one for us dealing with a club from China. Slight reservations about that not knowing what issues might arise with them.
Don’t see them being dictated to on this tbh.

We also need ideas and creativity. You can work hard and bite down, but if you don’t know how to score a goal than what’s the fucking point?

We need both flair and grit. What we dont need are divas though. Hopefully he aint one.

In regards to Fraser aren’t people concerned how he’d fit into our system ? We need a winger than can beat people of the dribble, Fraser is a counter attack and crossing merchant ( we have no one that will score of crosses anyways ). Personally I think Fraser will be redundant during home games vs majority of the league.

Carrasco yeah not so sure on him either, think he’s a little overrated, fairly inconsistent footballer.

I’m expecting better from you Aussie since you’re a casual in here, this argument has already been raised when we were first linked with Fraser, check his thread.

Aussie is a what?

2 Likes

People said Auba wouldn’t function with us because he wouldn’t have the counter attacking space in our team. He scored as much as anyone in the league.

Plus the days of us playing possession based football are long gone, and I can’t remember the last time we actually had a counter attack that didn’t break down, usually because of Iwobi. Good players always find a place.

1 Like

Auba and Fraser could work very well together, Tap in King would appreciate precise balls in the box.

The traits you mentioned are desirable for a wide player but not essential especially with the way Emery sets up.

3 Likes

I said Aubameyang would be a success so to me that point is irrelevant, Aubameyang has scored 30 + goals in 4 consecutive seasons, he’s simply an elite scorer.

Personally don’t see an elite winger in Fraser, he did have a Cinderella season just gone tbough.

2 Likes

This guy goes to China for easy money and no competition. Not a winners mentality

1 Like

Fraser’s been good in the league for a while now. People are just starting to notice more. He’s not elite but he’s the best winger outside the top six. For me the whole “needing space to run into” argument is paper thin as a good player will always find time and space to be effectual. And I think Fraser is a very good player.

He’s formed a fantastic relationship over the last few seasons with Wilson and I see no reason why he wouldn’t be able to replicate that with Lacazette or Auba who, imo, are a class higher than Wilson.

2 Likes

The potential with Fraser isn’t just as a provider to Auba. His runs are fantastic, he can hit the ball great with both feet. If he starts using his awareness and timing more centrally then I reckon he can add to his goal tally.
I know most think he’s already checked out of the club but Ozil, Fraser, Auba and Laca could create some madness.

Or maybe there are reasons for us unknown for him to go to China, other than not having a “winners” mentality.

Laca and Auba will thrive off crosses and if anything having a player who will give us width and put in accurate crosses should help break teams down. Fraser is pacey, can beat his man and can play 1-2s to get himself into space.

TBH I’m not sure we can afford Fraser on this budget