Yannick Ferreira Carrasco (and a load of other irrelevant shite)

I don’t agree with this, I’ve had him in my fantasy football team for the last 3 seasons because his points per game (from goals and assists), has been consistently good (when compared with anyone outside the top six). It wasn’t a coincidence when he was getting a goal or assist every game at the start of the season, he’s been playing at that level for a while.

Agreed, Salah, Mane, Sane etc don’t have any issues and they play for teams where the opposition will be happy to sit deep.

I mean if we can’t afford Fraser I’m not sure who we can afford, short of Alexis Claude-Maurice there aren’t any cheaper wing options…

1 Like

Neither Fraser or Carrasco are good enough imo, they both illustrate our piss poor recruitment policy. We really should be targeting much younger guys with higher ceilings.

2 Likes

Salah, Mane and Sane are all are different class when it comes to beating a defender off the dribble.

Agreed 100 %.

1 Like

Like who? Pepe? Zaha?

Well I’m wondering if we’re after Carrasco because he’s going cheap. I’d personally prefer Fraser over Carrasco because I question the latters end product for all his worldy dribbling.

It depends if Fraser is in a purple patch or if he regularly contributes 21 goal contributions from the wing going forward.

We are too late on Pepe and CP are gonna try and fleece someone for Zaha. I’ve been banging the Sarr drum. He’s a year younger than Pepe, his stats are similar and he’d be cheapish but in a year he could be valued at double.

If you had an asset that you knew was going to double in the next 12 months would you sell it for it’s current value?

“Rennes slap £44million price tag on Arsenal transfer target Ismaila Sarr”
Not so cheap I’m afraid, and this is my point, you won’t be able to come up with any names of young wingers who already have premier league quality for our price range.
It’s not about the targets, it’s about the money.

Depends on how badly u need the money or if u see an opportunity. Could be a Leon Bailey situation where big clubs are throwing money at u, and then the guy goes out and lays an egg the next season, then tumble weeds.

Usually clubs aren’t that desperate, unless it’s like a situation we got Cazorla, when they had huge debts they were defaulting on

When Martial was sold he wasn’t a 70m player but they got an almost guaranteed 60m and if he comes to be very good they’ll get 70m. It comes down to a players contract too

Anyway I’ve just looked up Sarr on your recommendation and okay he’s a pacey dribbler with a good shot on him but even in his youtube highlights he looks braindead. He dribbles into dead ends and doesn’t get his head up to look for his teammate. His end product isn’t that of a top talent either. He also loses possession on average 4.5 times per game while only make 1.8 dribbles and 1.1 key passes. His key passes are low because of the lack of football intelligence.

Gervinho’s stats were allot better than Sarr’s when we signed him across the board. So I don’t see Sarr as being close to being ready for a top club. I mean his goal/assists per minute in the league is only slightly better than Iwobis this season.

I reckon if Sarr was cheap we would be after him. We’ve had an interest for a while. I think Rennes are expecting him to pull a Pepe or at least something close to that soon so they put a hefty price tag on him.

1 Like

Not that YouTube compliations tell u anything but yeah that’s not what I saw.

Someone’s thirsty for another Theo Walcott.

1 Like

Sarr looked raw against Arsenal in the Europa League. You could see he had great speed and he ripped Nacho Monreal a new one. Great on the counter/transition but he was equally frustrating. 21 years so he can definitely improve. Very much a project rather than the finished article.

Rather take a chance on Alexis Claude-Maurice personally.

5 Likes

Sarr is shit. Mid table level at best.

7 Likes

I think people are underrating Ferreira Carrasco. Simeone’s system doesn’t produce a lot of offense and his role there wasn’t to score or assist a lot of goals but to provide width and danger and make the offense more functional, while still having a lot of defensive duties in the 4-4-2. He probably didn’t work as hard as Simeone would like but to play as much as he did in that system he couldn’t be a one way player and he had to learn to play with a lot of tactical discipline, against teams at the highest level. He still had 10 league goals and 4 league assists in about 2200 minutes in his last complete La Liga campaign, which is actually pretty good for a player in his role in that system.

This is one of the best players we could realistically attract for a position where we have a lot of need and for a price that seems pretty reasonable. I don’t see what is not to like.

5 Likes

Yup thirsty for a guy who can score like 10 goals and assist another 10 from the wing, which we don’t have right now.

Sarr is a beast. He’s big, powerful, bags of pace and a year younger than Pepe but still putting up similar numbers. Sven was on him last fall, but we aren’t smart enough to make an astute signing like this tbh.

But at what price do you think he is he an astute signing?
Because as I previously mentioned, they want £44m for him, and not only can we not afford that, he’s not worth it…

1 Like