Yannick Ferreira Carrasco (and a load of other irrelevant shite)

MAKE ARSENAL GORGEOUS AGAIN

6 Likes

Can’t believe you namechecked Freddie despite having met Robert Pires :laughing::woman_shrugging:t2:

Perhaps he was wearing a mask that day or something

Interesting view, I’d say Iwobi is infinity more valuable than Mkhi at this stage.

Mkhi is:

30 and over
On a bloated contact with 2 years to go
Hasn’t lived up to expectations

Iwobi is:

Young homegrown and cheap depth

2 Likes

Fraser everyday of the week over this guy

2 Likes

You fool, he was setting us up so one of us would mention it first giving him his in!

I can live with that. Bring on the picture :sunglasses:

Of course looks matter. You think it’s what’s on the inside that counts?!?! :poldi:

Fraser is better and will be cheaper. Take into account their salary demands.
On another note, they’re both profiles we lack, probably because we don’t have any proper wingers in this FC. :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

Right now we only have Iwobi, Ozil and Mkhitaryan on the books. Nelson will be back. Mkhitaryan should be sold. We should buy two wingers.

4 Likes

I’d say his style is more suited to the PL, which makes him a more effective option

Carrasco seems like a lightweight dribbler which you need need to be top level to thrive in the PL

Would prefer Fraser. Good stats and PL ready.

Can see Carrasco just using us as a gateway to get back into European football.

3 Likes

Either will do tbh

2 Likes

This would be the ideal situation.
If we could get two of Fraser, Carrasco or Ziyech and maybe sell Mkhitayran to help fund it, that would be good business.

I still think Mkhitayran could do a good job here but his age and wages mean that it’s probably better to sell him in this window and get something for him to pay for a younger player to replace him.

Although we need two wingers, there is no way the club would give Emery the backing to do it, especially as we need a minimum of a CB and LB as well.

If you turn this logic around we should go for Carrasco since apparantly you think clubs will come for him (sooner) because he is better. Or Fraser has his nationality against him in order for him to attract other (foreign) clubs.

No I just think Carrasco doesn’t really want to come here but we are probably the biggest club that want him at the moment.

Assuming he has 1 or 2 good seasons, he’ll probably want out - just personal opinion of course. Strikes me as that type.

2 Likes

Carrasco is a cool player no doubt but if we’re taking a chance on a flare player who comes with an element of risk I’d be going for Ziyech at 25 million.

Though our wide options are so dire any of the 3 players we’ve mentioned would improve us.

Isn’t Ziyech more of a central attacking midfielder rather than a winger?

would be happy with this signing, for kind of cheap as well and would be a good chance of getting back into the champions league, at the moment we need this kind of quality player as we cant attract the better ones

Over the course of his career he’s played more as a CAM, but this season, (where he’s got almost a goal or assist per game), he played 44 on the right wing and 5 as a CAM.

I heavily, heavily doubt the 25m RC is true. If that was the case every team would be all over him.