Would you take 2nd if offered now?

Vital to make the most of this relatively good run of fixtures up til the World Cup.

Europa games make it a busy schedule but the PL fixtures are largely winnable.

1 Like

I actually thought they did it rather comfortably vs Everton tbh.

1 Like

Iā€™ll stick to ā€œyes, will take 4thā€ for now. Although our start so far has been brilliant, we are one Partey injury or him being found guilty away from crumbling. Just canā€™t see us getting a quality midfielder in January. Although if Spurs finish above us it will suck, they are most certainly going to be without Conte and even possibly Kane next season, so I am not too bothered about that.

3 Likes

9 points clear of 5th currently. 6 if United win their game in hand.

At just 9 games into the season, thatā€™s quite a decent buffer. I can see us maintaining or enlarging that gap for at least the next 3 games because the other teams will drop more or the same points us.

Leeds away, Southampton away and Forest at home. That should be 9 points but even 7 is a good return, as there are always banana skins lurking around the corner in this league.

2nd should be our target now, and thatā€™s not wildly unrealistic given how our performances have gone.

We need to make a signing or two in January to upgrade our squad depth though. Proper long-term cover for Partey is vital and a versatile forward to replace PĆ©pĆ© and ESRā€™s injury proneness.

Itā€™s strange because when Arteta took over, we probably thought that by the 2022/23 season we would be in the top 4 and getting closer to being title challengers. His progress has been very slow in his first 2.5 seasons tbh, however its like heā€™s almost got us back to where we hoped weā€™d be when he took over in 2019. Like weā€™ve jumped forward drastically and weā€™re now back on track.

8 Likes

Would still take fourth now to be honest.

I take 4th now. That fixture list in April with possibly fa cup and euro fixtures thrown in as well would be a tricky set to navigate hopeful we get through it and strengthen the team in January.

Iā€™d start a topic with whether youā€™d take 5th place with europa league title. How about that?

Iā€™m still taking top 4 if offered it now, itā€™s a marathon seeing with 27 games to go and weā€™ve all seen how bad weā€™re when we lose 4 or so players to our first choice eleven.

4 Likes

100% would take it. Weā€™re only a couple injuries away from being mediocre again.

3 Likes

Yep, these 3 games just goes to show how much weā€™ve been riding our luck this season. We arenā€™t as great as we think we are. fully expecting an implosion coming soon, probably the Chelsea game. Would love to be proven wrong.

4 Likes

Itā€™s a young squad so gonna get patches like this inevitably. Just need to keep going and hopefully pick up some players in Jan.

2 Likes

I would like to change my answer to yes

1 Like

The disrespect for the process is flabbergasting

3 Likes

Yeah, Holding has destroyed you all. Weaklings.

1 Like

Letā€™s be honest here weā€™ve been shit the last 4 games in a row lol itā€™s deeper than Holding

1 Like

The process this season is finishing top 4, something we havenā€™t managed since 2016. Iā€™m taking it.

2 Likes

Champions League is the aim.

Would you take 4th if offered now?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

We are 5 games away from the break and the transfer window. Our depth issue can be resolved. I have no concerns about our top 4 chances.

1 Like

I donā€™t think we have ā€œover-achievedā€ thus far as such, we have dominated basically every PL game we have played and we are 4 of 5 in the EL and should still finish top in our group.

The real issue is our squad depth which will be tested soon if not already. We have a potential bail-out with the WC break and subsequent January window so we have a chance to add 2 or more players to help with the 2nd half of the season. Remains to be seen if we make any moves because we failed at that late in the last window.

That said, I voted yes to this poll and Iā€™d still vote that way. Never been convinced we are a genuine contender for the PL title and think getting back into the CL is the most important step for us right now, realistically speaking.

4 Likes