Wojciech Szczesny

Loved the part about Cazorla, praise from your peers is the best kind of recognition.

1 Like

I never said this before but i think that big season Ramsey had, has eventually turned out to be detrimental to him & Arsenal.
itā€™s a ridiculous thing to say because it ended our trophy drought but the season before he kept it simple, he was so disciplined & organized.
He kept us ticking and along with Arteta didnā€™t allow any opposition to control our midfield.

Had he kept on same rhythm, Ramsey would have cemeted as one of best box to box player in last 5 years.

Personally I really like this line about Podolski

ā€œI remember, and Iā€™m not lying to you now, that in training, when Poldi got the ball inside the box, 10/11 metres out, I didnā€™t want to save it. I just covered my head. I swear, I just protected the head.ā€

I can just imagine that :grin:

2 Likes

Btw, a factor a lot keep forgetting.
If there was a player that was affected when Alexis came into the side, itā€™s Rambo. Those guys couldnā€™t keep their issues in the locker room, they kept shouting at each other during the games. No coincidence we started seeing Rambo coming back alive when Sanchez left. Apparently Rambo had similar issues with RVP who pretty much demanded everyone to play for him.

That will probably raise the question, is going to Ronaldoā€™s Juve smart. Weā€™ll see. Despite popular belief, Ronaldo is a fantastic teammate.

I didnā€™t notice Ramsey being cross with Sanchez
Infact I didnā€™t notice much as I thought Sanchez was well loved. Turned out differently

Cameras have caught those two exchanging harsh words a couple of times. Alexis seems to be a really hard person to deal with when frustrated. Exactly like the kid he acts like.

2 Likes

Theyā€™re both selfish, of course they were going to clash.

1 Like

Interestingly, Rambo and Bale always complemented each other well. The only teams Alexis never had problems with were clubs before Barca(Udinese, etc.) and with Chile. Seems like Alexis canā€™t handle not being the only star in the team.

Ā£4 fucking million man, fuck my life

2 Likes

20 Likes

Someone needs to tell him to turn the camera.

2 Likes

But then thereā€™d be no joke

13 Likes

Thought about making that kinda post ages ago, but decided no to cause im too good of a person. Kinda regret it now seing the LIKEOMETER keeps rising and rising.

6 Likes

1 down, 10 to go

I only just read this and if true itā€™s interesting because you are right Ramsey did play better with Alexis out of the team and Alexis was a massive ball hog.

I liked Wojciech, seems like a good guy off the field and someone you can have a laugh with. Heā€™s a bit like the Ox for me, needed a move away to probably live up to his potential, although Ox hasnā€™t really had a top season yet but seen as he had a serious injury time will tell. At Arsenal while under Wenger, he probably just got stuck in a rut did Wojciech. Has proven heā€™s a good GK and will do a job for you, not one of the worlds best but he doesnā€™t need to be.

Heā€™s winning stuff with Juventus and building up collection of medals. Iā€™m sure his missus happy he left London for sunny Turin lol.

1 Like

I literally donā€™t know what any of that means.

Is he playing well then?

What does 11% shot stopping even as opposed to -8% mean lol

3 Likes

The short answer is yes.

@Phoebica @SRCJJ would know more, but from what Iā€™ve seen heā€™s been outstanding.

Yeah but what does -8 even quantify lol

And what the hell does CCAA mean?

I get the importance of stats in the game now but at this point it feels like they make shit up, like that xPGA90 stat or whatever it is