Willian

Ozil?

1 Like

Bit keen

1 Like

Which is why Mustafi and Ozil no longer play for Arsenal football club

6 Likes

Iā€™m slowly getting a bit more excited by the prospect of this transfer

Donā€™t give a shit at this point. It ainā€™t my money, Arsenal are rich, despite them act like theyā€™re not.

1 Like

Thatā€™s slightly differentā€¦

I must say I quite like the idea of signing someone who Iā€™ve heard of. It happens so rarely these days :joy:

3 Likes

ā€œif we want to get rid, then we willā€

Perfectly reasonable to cite Ozil in response to such a statement, I have absolutely no idea why anyone would be convinced that weā€™d be able to move on an aging player on big wages simply because we want to.

Elneny, Mkhitaryan, Ozil, Mustafi, Xhaka, Chambers, Sokratis, Mavrapanos - All needlessly eating up the wages and people think we will be able to get rid of 34 year old Willian on 250k wages to someone else

Is Willian the type of guy that will sit on a contract and not go out on loan? Would Kia let that happen? If an Ozil type situation occurred, I feel as though thereā€™s enough of an understanding between Edu, Sanllehi and Kia that theyā€™d be able to work something out. Arsenal would still end up paying Kia for his services mind you.

EDIT: Why is Ā£200k a week being bandied about? Does this have a source?

I canā€™t see why weā€™d be nearly doubling his Chelsea wages and giving him a 3+1 deal? That sounds absurd to me.

I guess the 3+1 doesnā€™t mean much itā€™s just a 3 year deal and if he isnā€™t completely shit at year 3 you give him another (highly unlikely anyway).

2 Likes

This is part of my earlier question about how these options work and what the point of them is. If we can just say fuck it after three seasons regardless, then itā€™s not really offering the player any security at all, so why would it be an important factor in discussions and why bother with it?

YEah a 3+1 generally puts all the leverage on the teamā€¦ obviously it depends on the specific language in the contract, but it is basically 3 years commitment with the bizarre off chance we can tie him down an additional yearā€¦ hard to see why Willian would push that honestly.

I doubt heā€™ll get the reported 200k pw.
Itā€™s probably nearer 150k pw with bonuses.

Exactly.
The biggest compliment I can pay him is that when ever he plays against us I see him as one of Chelseaā€™s best and most effective attacking players and I was glad when he was injured for the FA Cup final against us.

Without him, they didnā€™t look as good going forward.

I for one donā€™t care if he gets 150-200k. Heā€™s ready to go out of the box.

2 Likes

This signing screams ā€˜we gotta get back in the CL ASAPā€™. Which is a tall order as it stands.

Officially no I canā€™t so take this with some salt.

A club when buying a player essentially buys that players registration, taking control of it. In the scenario where an option is being taken up by the club Iā€™m guessing that pretty much all the other mechanics (wages etc) are taken care of in advance or some wiggle room is provided for. There will likely be a date by which the option must be taken pre agreed also and basically itā€™s just an extension of how long the club retains that registration. So I think overall for the most part it would be straight forward.

There are also the type of options that get auto triggered too, x appearances for example.

1 Like

I meant more of the fact that if we wanted to we canā€™t sell Ozil we canā€™t because of his wages but Iā€™ve realised half way through writing this I may have misread :rofl: