Willian

Kia has this club on strings ffs

1 Like

He reliable or na?

Heā€™s probably jumping on earlier news imo

Iā€™m here for OA going nuts. This is a great deal.

3years + 1 is crazy.

11 Likes

I canā€™t wait for @Joshua to hear the news :slight_smile:

We can sell him to West Ham or Everton for about 20m after a couple of seasons when one of our younger players start to make it into the first team.

3+1 seems crazy. I hope they arenā€™t offering wages over Ā£150k pw. Hopefully the salary would be structured in a way where at least after the 1st year there is some link to performance.

4 Likes

If weā€™re going to give him like Ā£150k/w for 3+1 I hope youā€™re right in case things go south :emi:

well exactly the post above :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Itā€™s a human body. Things do go south.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t describe a 3 year deal plus an option for one more as being great, if we take those tweets as true.

3 Likes

Best we could hope for (if you even want him) was a three year deal. This would be the second two year deal heā€™s rejected from Chelsea.

The option for an extra year is a stupid though.

As much as we love to have him for 2 years with an option for third, that would be a contract every big club in the world including Chelsea would be willing to give him.

If we have to get him, perhaps it is exactly this kind of risky bid we have to make.

If thatā€™s the case, I am no longer keen as even with more evidence of players doing well in 30s, I donā€™t want Willian to stick around at 34/35.

With this I always wonder, who is it that has the option here? Do both parties have to agree to the additional year, and if so, whatā€™s even the point of having the extra year as an ā€œoptionā€ in the initial contract? Just make it two/three/whatever and have a discussion when itā€™s going to expire about a new contract. If both parties have to consent to the additional year and it isnā€™t guaranteed to happen, whatā€™s really the point of it?

Can anyone fill in the gaps in my knowledge about how these ā€œoptionsā€ work please?

The option will surely be with us rather than the player, so I am not bothered with that. I am bothered by the mandatory third year.

Leaving aside the financial implications of another big contract for a player in his 30ā€™s, do people think he really improves us?

Iā€™ve always considered him an irritating fucker to play against which makes me think heā€™s someone who could add some strength and depth for us, albeit in the short term

3 Likes

Also, letā€™s be honest here, contracts donā€™t mean a bloody thing in footballā€¦ If he wants to go to Barca in a yearā€™s time, heā€™ll go, if we want to get rid, then we willā€¦ Alls fair in love and footballā€¦

will we fuck?

2 Likes