Willian

My mistake ur right I was thinking of Santi that day who was sensational.

1 Like

what Iā€™d give to have that glorius man back :disappointed:

1 Like

Arteta would bench him for Coquelin and Wilshere

1 Like

Another bad one for my guy. Starting to think I was right the whole time to kvetch about his signing. Looked out of his depth trying to play False 9.

1 Like

too bad that the central position is still not the place for him to shine and excel

Hereā€™s to three more glorious years :grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

We are pretty nice to those ex-Chelsea players recently

1 Like

We havenā€™t played Fulham at home yet so thereā€™s still hope weā€™ll get another good performance from him this season.

4 Likes

Pretty pessimistic

Given that year 1 is the best weā€™re likely going to see of Willian itā€™s becoming deeply concerning as heā€™s looking fucking garbage. The only defense I can give is all our attacking players look piss poor at the minute.

2 Likes

For all those who call him shit, hereā€™s a comparison of what he looked like when he was playing for Lampard and what he looks like now:

(per 90)
Shots: 2.33
progressive passes: 6.54
passes into the penalty area: 2.35
chances created: 2.46
shot creation action: 5.02
goal creation action: 0.45
dribbles: 2.15
ball carries (progressive distance in yards): 238

touches in the attacking third: 37.8
touches in the penalty area: 4.81

Willian this season:

shots: 0.5
progressive passes: 3.25
passes into the penalty area: 1
chances created: 1.50
shot creation action: 2.23
goal creation action: 0.74

touches in the attacking third: 22.8
touches in the penalty area: 1.75
dribbles: 0.25
ball carries (progressive distance in yards): 127

edit: Saka, Pepe and Aubameyang also look awful.

4 Likes

Heā€™s being suffocated here. Our front 3 have no freedom.

3 Likes

I havenā€™t been the happiest with his performances but yeh Arteta has no fucking clue on how to get this side to string some decent attacking play togetherā€¦so yeh reserve judgment.

I hesitate to say this but a front attacking line of Willian, Pepe, Auba, Saka under Wengerā€¦would be ripping teams to shit. Of course our midfield is one of the worst ever so weā€™d be winning like 4 - 3 but still. Too much attacking talent to be this piss poor.

This was made out to be Artetaā€™s big signing. Exactly what he wanted / needed. It certainly doesnā€™t seem to be the case right now.

1 Like

Tough start for Willian, but I remain positive. Weā€™ll play 60 games this season and we need width. Eventually he wonā€™t be in our strongest 4-3-3 XI. But weā€™re gonna need him as cover for the LW and RW positions and I think heā€™ll contribute with decent numbers.

Yeah given the way Aubameyang etc look youā€™d have to say itā€™s substantially more about the way we play than individual decline.

1 Like

Yeah thereā€™s reason for concern but lets remember lack of pre season. Chelsea and others having issues with new signings and this is part of the reason imo.

Iā€™m not agaisnt the signing of him but he should be used as a squad player, plays mostly the cups and a few PL games here and there but shouldnā€™t be relied on too much. Thatā€™s my worry is that Arteta is over relying on him and heā€™s just not shown yet why he warrants it. Going to be interest as the season goes on, what his role will be in this team.

1 Like

Be honest, Arteta rather use Willian to play that central role but not the exiled one, it is not an insult to anybody but himself.

2 Likes
10 Likes