Willian

Another 4/10 :laca:

His set pieces were bang on the money but playing as a false 9 away to City is one of Arteta’s shittest decisions. He could never get the ball in that system.

5 Likes

Said it before, should never have signed him, and even that opinion was on the basis he’d at least be good this season.

Could well be one of our worst signings of the current regime

Was this another Raul favour?

That’s the only thing then.
He’s a corner kick taker merchant. Aside from that he is playing MLS level football. Should have joined Miami and call it a day.

What’s his excuse for the last few games?

1 Like

It’s on the manager not setting up correctly.

Second half vs Sheffield should be the blueprint moving forward. His quality is there

7 Likes

We’ll be seeing it regardless of set up IMO.

Just you watch and I’ll be here to remind ya

What’s his salary again ?

Not sure, only thing I remembered is that we offered him 3 years while other clubs were offering 2 at most.

1 Like

Ppl always laugh when I try to include Özil in a team but it’s kinda funny because we already have an anonymous midfielder in Xhaka and now we have Willian who does what I have no clue. He got the ball at his feet plenty with an opportunity to orchestrate a counter and did fuck all time after time. Özil would have made a lot of dangerous passes today.

I agree with you that Ozil should be used but let’s not pretend like Ozil doesn’t tend to disappear in big matches.

Like I said we are getting anonymous players regardless so why don’t we use an anonymous player with some actual creative abilities lmao.

Because we were set out to defend - a skillset Ozil lacks

Willian didn’t do much defending either tho.

Well with Ozil you know it won’t happen, with Willian you can hope

Pretty sure Özil was a major part of our last away win to a top 6 opponent, sooooo…

ozil didnt play in our last big 6 win away to city in 2015

1 Like

Willian is s wide player not central player, that’s it.
Arteta’s fault to put him there.

1 Like

Willian has played fair share of matches in middle.