William Saliba (case closed)

Yeah, seems like it, incredibly composed for his age. People see Varane in him for a reason.

3 Likes

Man it sounds like a VVD while at Celtic or the Dutch club before Celtic type situation.

Get this guy ffs.

Shit we need defenders now. He might be a great talent but spending Ā£Ā£Ā£ of our budget on a player who canā€™t play for us immediately would damage our prospects next season.

3 Likes

Next season will probably be a transitional period. If we were in the CL then fuck it, go for some short-term solutions. Letā€™s stuck up so me good cheap talents atm.
The vibes Iā€™m getting is that the club knows with our current short-term personnel they ainā€™t doing much so theyā€™re planning 3-4 years ahead.

1 Like

In fact, it coincides perfectly so that Emery takes the fall for a tough season ahead thus the new manager having a clean slate with a squad that has already started gelling.

4 Likes

You could say we have it all planned? :unai:

donā€™t be so fucking cruel :bellerin:

Fuck off sun

Assuming this guy knows nothing, but Iā€™ll play alongā€¦ I just want us to move forward aggressively and decisively and move on quickly if we arenā€™t doing a dealā€¦

Iā€™d love the club to be in a position where we could push through favorable deals and loan the player back to the club to further their experience. But itā€™s just not where we are right now, we need bodies.

2 Likes

Maybe Andersen is seen as the immediate option with Saliba lined up as a ā€œback upā€/depth. Iā€™m not an expert on whose more experienced at this point (although I read that Andersen completed his first full season with Sampdoria this season).

That might alleviate the pressure somewhat if we are able to sign Andersen first and puts us in a position where we can loan Saliba back. Anyway, I would love us to be able to sign a group of talent this summer that sets us up nicely for the next few years. Iā€™m definitely behind this new approach from Vinllehi!

Actually we have enough bodies. There are five centre backs under contract. Without Chambers. Itā€™s quality we need.

1 Like

Yeh this would be cool but at the same time we donā€™t have money to burn and we need to get back into the CL asap and that requires immediate investment. If this kid turns out to be the next big thing in terms of CBs then fair enough I can wait a year.

Iā€™m operating under the assumption Mustafi, Koz, Monreal, Chambers might not be here next season. Holding of course coming back from a massive injury. So yeh as much as I like Sok Iā€™d like him to have at least one other CB to play with.

Man city buying everyone

I dont feel they should be allowed to be buying players when they have been found breaking rules! Its not fair that they can fuck about financially loading the decks in their favour then (hopefully) get punished but then are still free to load the decks in their favour buying up talentā€¦not much of a fucking punishment is it? Yeah they may not be allowed in the CL but do you think they give a fuck the damage is already done and they are still doing what they want and they donā€™t care about the cl anyway listen to the fans when the cl anthem goes off in their stadium!

Yeah it is one problem with the current loan systemā€¦ in effect, City (and previously Chelsea) can just watch who their rivals are looking at and buy them, loaning them outā€¦ it is a serious problem and it gets worse if you imagine the absurd case that City (or anyone) buys 10 players, loans them out in the EPL and effectively improve the chances of those teams beating their opponents while they donā€™t have to play those 10 players themselvesā€¦

Loans need overhaul imho.

9 Likes

FUCK OFF BALD CUNT.

ALL THIS SO YOU LOSE TO CHELSEA IN THE CL QF NEXT SEASON???

FUCK OUT SHIT CLUB

CL BAN NEEDED SO BADLY FOR THESE BUNCH OF SHITCUNTS

City being clever here by blocking our move for him. If we get him weā€™ll be challenging them for the league title for sure.

3 Likes