William Saliba (case closed)

Amazing to see such salibarity among our fellow members in such times of fierce punpetition.

:santi:

Didnā€™t give him a like though did you. Ya miserable sod!

8 Likes

Looking at him heā€™d probably be our best CB. By far our best youth CB. A fast 6ā€™4 CB who tackles on the front foot without going to ground, knocks opponents over in 50-50s as if they were children, can glide past opponents as he dribbles and has inch perfect long passes.

Probably out of our league already then tbh.

I know its youtube and it makes anyone look good but for an 18 year oldd he looks damn good, hope we can manage to get him he will be a fucking beast as he develops his game further

2 Likes

Are our fans ready to accept the roller coaster ride of an 18 year old CB?

People are already horrible to guys like Iwobi and AMN, I find it hard to believe theyā€™d moderate themselves when itā€™s a CB letting in goals due to individual errors instead of a wing player dribbling out of bounds.

Even guys like de Ligt made mistakes when they were promoted into the first team and he is possibly a generational level talent.

Thatā€™s why I donā€™t expect him to start that much in his first season anyway. If Emery goes 4-2-3-1 Sokratis and Holding are probably our starting cbā€™s.

Iā€™d be very surprised if Holding got a run out as our first choice CB any time next season. Not only is he not good enough but heā€™s coming off the back of a serious injury and would need time to recover.

3 Likes

I felt we were doing brilliantly with him in the side before his injury and he was fantastic

1 Like

Excellent point.

I think I have someone who can slot in next to Sokratis until Holding is healthy enough to playā€¦

:mustafi::mustafi::mustafi::mustafi::mustafi::mustafi::mustafi::mustafi:

Couldnā€™t buy a clean sheet then and canā€™t buy one now. Holding is a decent CB but I find it hard to believe heā€™ll ever be a fixture at Arsenal. Heā€™ll be 24 by the time the season starts and next season may end up effectively being a write off for him.

Decent CB who should make for a reliable backup CB but I do not want to see him as our starting CB.

1 Like

Wasnā€™t he supposed to be back for next season? Holding and Sokratis would be a transitional players until this kid is ready and theyā€™d make a signing in the future. If these rumours are true I expect nothing from next season and Arsenal is planning long term.

He is but I think coming off the back of a serious injury sometimes you need to be prepared to offer a player a lengthy grace period before theyā€™re completely recovered.

2 Likes

Unless they are named Koscielny. :kos2:

5 Likes

I really didnā€™t think heā€™d ever play again. Itā€™s a shame his recovery and reintroduction into the squad had been overshadowed by the terrible league form to end the season.

1 Like

It had twenty likes at the time of my post, and while he deserved my like, my saltier half didnā€™t think it deserved 20 :jakey:

Got no problem giving you one for calling me out though, takes bravery to dig out a fellow mod like that

4 Likes

Come on lads, get this over the line.

1 Like

About time we signed someone

We kinda need a decent CB now though. They can have Mustafi for the year instead.

2 Likes

Was just talking to a French mate of mine who follows the league closely. I know itā€™s only his opinion but this kid is the real deal.

Iā€™m fine with loaning him back, with Emery and Xhaka still here, we ainā€™t doing shit next season either.

5 Likes