William Saliba (case closed)

Assuming he’ll be a world beater, I hope he won’t get injured next season, loaning him back is quite risky

1 Like

Players need to play - always a risk, but a risk you have to take.

7 Likes

Exactly. He’s an 18 year old CB, he needs experience. We need to find out what we have in Mavropanos this season anyways. What scares the hell out of me is that we might keep Chambers instead of Bielik to deputise while Holding is out instead of just giving those games to Mav.

1 Like

All signs point to this… I am also in the camp that I see more in Bielek’s future than Chambers’, but for whatever reason AFC seems to be resigned to selling Bielek.

This is make or break year for Mav - I have been horrified so far, but he is young.

LOL i get the joke, but Raul has said that that is stopping in an instant they have a decision to make after 2 year left and if they mess about they get sold. It is just that the new regime came in too late as regards Ramsey and Kosc. Ramsey was never gonna sign that contract especially with 400k witting on the table at Juve but the dumbasses ala gazidis and co let it ride hoping he would somehow wake up one day and decide to sign :xhaka:

I’d rather he came straight away, but it’s been obvious since the beginning that he would stay for another year in France.

I just hope he’s worth the wait.

1 Like

We’ll see. I am giving the new regime in Edu the Indian bloke and three fids (hopefully more in a less football decision making role more using his contacts/contracts/experience from Spanish football where we fire managers faster and are more exigent) a chance. It’s early in the summer and hoping Chambers will be moved on, and that Bielik is being sold simply because he is impatient and tired of being jerked around with at Arsenal, a legacy from the past regime. But keeping him and selling Bielik would be a worrying sign that they don’t know what they’re doing.

Well they’d best hurry up as the window shuts on 8th August so not too long left really. Especially at the speed we’re renowned for at completing transfers :grimacing::joy:

Things always accelerate toward the end - we have 3 weeks left and with the new windows, all signings will be completed before games start, which didn’t use to be the case… there is plenty of time in reality.

1 Like

We need him on everton or that fucker tierney. This is done.

We won’t know the finances now this shit isn’t public, but I’m pretty sure it’s very unlikely that this deal counts towards this year’s budget, even if we part with a bit of the cash this year.

5 Likes

that’d be great. can’t imagine we’d chunk away half our money on some dude that won’t play when we’re trying to make a move back into the CL. Come to think of it maybe we should do that thing where we spend a bit of next years “allocated pennies” as well, on top of if this thing, the squad is so young now I struggle to think we’d lack players next season. Save a tad to plug a hole if needed. Blow 100-120mil, save 20 for next season just in case. If we get back in the CL we make a bit of it back as well.

1 Like

Just a reminder. We paid €20m on Chambers back in 2014, when he was 19. That turned out well, didn’t it? … Oh.

2 Likes

In fairness we could definitely command upwards of £25m for Chambers given his performances for Fulham last season.

1 Like

Chambers isnt the same talent as Saliba though, Saliba looks a very special talent even at his age and should only get better.

If he does go watch us sell him for less.

1 Like

It’s crazy because Mings went for over £25m and Dunk is being valued at close to £50m so I refuse to believe we would get any less than £25/30m for him

10 Likes

Orn my God.

I’M ORNY ORNY ORNY ORNY

1 Like